All Things Mk5 > Mk5 General Area

mileage ?

(1/2) > >>

SteveTDCi:
whoooo second topic already :) ...

is/are there any know issues with highish mileage GTi's, i've found an 06/56plate car on line with 53k on the clock which is above average for the year but i'm not opposed to them, unless that is there are know issues.

bigbo:
i would think that as long as its been maintained well it should be fine, if its got all the receipts and history tehn i dont see a problem

SteveP:
None that I am aware of, mine seams to get better and better with more miles, it's now on 36K and it's 11 months old  :happy2:

TomB:
The only real noise to listen out for is CV joints and wheels bearings, they're surprisingly common and not cheap on MK5s!

CocoPops:
I wouldn't say thats a high miler..
It's only 20k a year. Average I'd say for a family hatchback that hasn't sat around like someone's garage jewellery!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version