All Things Mk5 > Mk5 General Area
Various Modification questions.......
true-blue:
Body work first,....
Having a full correction detail done on my Red ED30 as the previous owner put it through to many car washes. However, like my previous gti the bonnet has more than it's fair share of stone chips. What I'm thinking about is having the bonnet and roof done in either satin black or CF effect viynl..... but how well does that stuff last and stay looking good? .....is it more stone chip resistant than paint?
The reason I ask is because I have a friend with a body shop who can paint the front half of the car to a high stanard relatively cheeply, but I'll only start to pick up chips all over again.
Power....
I've (more or less :rolleye:) decided to work with software alone as I kinda expect the extra gains from intake and exhaust to not make a huge difference on the strip or on the road ?? Please someone correct me if I'm wrong..... But I'm interested in the high Pressure fuel pump, question is, will this give gains on standard exhaust, intake etc with just software ??
Also does the HPFP, impact badly on MPG when driving normally, say using D on the DSG box?
(my car is a daily driver and I need reasonable economy when pottering about visiting clients)
Cheers :happy2:
danishmkvgti:
Unless you experience fuel cuts, you shouldn't be needing an uprated HPFP since you only was software tune, get a freeflowing TBE instead, IMO. :happy2:
danishmkvgti:
And no, you doesn't get a bad MPG when uprating your HPFP, after a K04 conversion including APR HPFP, i drive 11km/l, and i drove 11,5km/l before.
Top Cat:
The Vinyl is more resistant to stone chips, but it also depends on which one you choose as there are hundreds of different types some soft some brittle. And they say they will last outside for a few years no problem. :smiley:
In regards to the engine mods you have planned.
Stage 1 re-map requires nothing else. just the map.
Stage 2 requires a turbo back exhaust as well
stage 2 + requires a fuel pump and and intercooler as well i think. Not to sure on the intake i believe if you go stage 2+ then it is worthwhile below the figures produced by this benefit can be argued as dubious :smiley: Still worth it though for the extra sound. :evilgrin:
If i where you i would start off with a turbo back zorst and stage 2 map, and see how you like that, because in a ED 30 you wont be disappointed in the gains. :driver:
true-blue:
--- Quote from: Top Cat on May 24, 2009, 08:16:13 pm ---The Vinyl is more resistant to stone chips, but it also depends on which one you choose as there are hundreds of different types some soft some brittle. And they say they will last outside for a few years no problem. :smiley:
In regards to the engine mods you have planned.
Stage 1 re-map requires nothing else. just the map.
Stage 2 requires a turbo back exhaust as well
stage 2 + requires a fuel pump and and intercooler as well i think. Not to sure on the intake i believe if you go stage 2+ then it is worthwhile below the figures produced by this benefit can be argued as dubious :smiley: Still worth it though for the extra sound. :evilgrin:
If i where you i would start off with a turbo back zorst and stage 2 map, and see how you like that, because in a ED 30 you wont be disappointed in the gains. :driver:
--- End quote ---
I'm 'kinda' trying to keep my spending a bit under control, which is why I thought about just mapping. If we're only talking about maybe 15-20 extra hp for the cost of the milltek/Blueflame turbo back system and stage2 software it seems like a bit of an expensive mod for the difference this will make in the real world.... but please put me right as I'd like to be encouraged that I'm wrong :evilgrin:
Navigation
[0] Message Index
[#] Next page
Go to full version