Make a donation

Author Topic: Stage 2 at Inters now CEL :(  (Read 5556 times)

Offline rich83

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 801
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=in4uurcbsm8s8j1nlhb4ns0t16&/topic,19740.0.html
Re: Stage 2 at Inters now CEL :(
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2012, 11:19:06 am »
Incorrect code, is a code problem. Is it really that hard to put on the correct code for said car? :-/

OK Revo hater! :grin:

Ive got REVO on my car....  :confused:

So it's not the code, it's just the way it was installed i.e. not correctly...

Either way.... WTF  :surprised:

Offline Robo

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 3
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2012, 11:44:54 am »
Guys I didn't rush into this car had ITG pcv fix rev D diverter valve then a full BCS exhaust decat which after 100 miles exhaust light came on so I went for stage 2 at Inters it wasn't a spur of the moment decision neither am I blaming Revo but iv spoke to 3 dealers today and they are all telling me the car should have been logged but it wasn't :(

Offline nezquick

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 33
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2012, 11:59:02 am »
i went straight to stage at inters aswell by another dealer, mine blow a intercooler pipe on the way home but didnt throw any check lights. i would check all your piping and oil etc etc as the engine light doesnt just come on for a decat or emissions there are other triggers.

like mentioned the best thing you could have done is a scan by someone local. check on the vagcom thread you can find someone on here in your area to do it for you. as for logging mine wasnt either but anyone who had a remap done there didnt get a log. ill get mine dynod at some point and double checked by a revo dealer just to make sure all the settings are good for what i can achieve but was reassured the guy who did mine knew his stuff.. so could bw worth you getting ut logged a local revo supplier.

good luck

Offline flashp

• Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 65
« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2012, 07:23:45 pm »
I've been advised that an APR fuel pump is essential with stage 2. I'm going to be buying the stage 2 package from JKM as soon as I have the cash to do it all at once. Too many compromises to do it parts, and stage 1 is working very well at the moment. I wanted the APR RSC exhaust on first for the sound but the lack of back pressure would mean adjustments being made in lieu of the other hardware not being fitted to prevent erroneous errors.

If you don't have an uprated pump I would guess that, as a non expert, that fueling  is at the root of this. Have a look at JKM's package and see what you don't have that they include and see if it has any relevance. They're package is well researched and proven.

Good luck!

Gone but not forgotten :-)

Offline nezquick

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2012, 08:46:03 pm »
hfpf isnt essential mate unlese your getting your stages mixed up and mean stage 2+  :popcornsoda:

Offline Robo

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 3
    • Email
Re: Stage 2 at Inters now CEL Now Fixed
« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2012, 08:55:06 pm »
All fixed now thanks to the guys at central garage in Doncaster after 3 hours back and forth with Revo it turns out it was a faulty file and the CEL was on due to the decat.

Can't recommend central garage enough for there patience sorting out a problem caused by another Revo dealer.

Offline nezquick

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2012, 09:13:29 pm »
 :congrats:

nice one, shame you got a dodgy file but good news its all fixed  :driver:

Offline flashp

• Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 65
« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2012, 10:05:34 pm »
Good result!

Gone but not forgotten :-)

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 379
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2012, 10:33:02 pm »

I've been advised that an APR fuel pump is essential with stage 2. I'm going to be buying the stage 2 package from JKM as soon as I have the cash to do it all at once.

....Not so. I ran Revo Stage 2 (K03 GTI) for quite a few thousand miles on a standard OEM pump. When the Forge Twintake was added JKM reduced the Revo settings so I wouldn't suffer from fuel cut-outs etc. And then when JKM had fitted the APR fuel pump they adjusted the settings back up.  
« Last Edit: June 26, 2012, 02:16:55 pm by RedRobin »

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline E30Dom

• Thank You
  • -Given: 42
  • -Receive: 76
« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2012, 02:14:54 pm »
On Ko3 you don't need a pump, on ed30 stage 2 you do as it requests 129.9bar as per stage 2+ on ko3.
Diesel Daily Hack.