All Things Mk5 > Mk5 General Area

Really REALLY embarrassing question......

<< < (4/5) > >>

Hurdy:
I've always put the jack under the car first, so it is tight up against the jacking points and then cracked the bolts loose. Maybe I'm a little bit over careful :laugh: But better safe than sorry :happy2:

holepunch:
Does anyone ever use a v small amount of copper grease on the bolts and the mating faces of the alloy and hub?

I would also be v grateful if someone could post a couple of pic of a car on axel stands/trolley jack.

One day I'll get a 4 post lift.

182_blue:

--- Quote from: holepunch on May 25, 2009, 10:36:22 pm ---Does anyone ever use a v small amount of copper grease on the bolts and the mating faces of the alloy and hub?

I would also be v grateful if someone could post a couple of pic of a car on axel stands/trolley jack.

One day I'll get a 4 post lift.

--- End quote ---

i do use copper grease, dont apply to much to the bolts though

Top Cat:

--- Quote from: holepunch on May 25, 2009, 10:36:22 pm ---Does anyone ever use a v small amount of copper grease on the bolts and the mating faces of the alloy and hub?

I would also be v grateful if someone could post a couple of pic of a car on axel stands/trolley jack.

One day I'll get a 4 post lift.

--- End quote ---

Yes i put to much on with the spray stuff and got hung drawn and quartered by Teutonic Tamer.  :grin:

The jacking points are discussed in this thread, we have a similar thread on here but i cant find it.

http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=95479.0

illyun:

--- Quote from: Ifti on May 25, 2009, 07:23:32 pm ---
Thanks, and dont laugh!!!!!  :grin:

--- End quote ---
:grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

















Sorry, I help it.  :laugh:  not that I'm any better... a few months ago I slightly damaged a bit of the underbody plastic lining trying to jack the car up - it was in completely the wrong place  :signIWS:  The fact that it was snowing at the time and night time didn't really excuse it as I knew exactly where I was placing it.  I got terrified after that and left it alone.  The next time I attempted it was when I did the S3 I/C job  :rolleye:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version