All Things Mk5 > Mk5 General Area

how much for a spare key & would a VW dealer sale a car with only one?

<< < (4/4)

TomB:
Dealers will sell 1 key cars if they can get away with it.

I know lots people who got cars from dealers with 1 key, even my GTI had 1 key, but I always demand a new replacement at the point of sale and I've always get one.

If they want to sell you the car, they'll get a key for it.

icenutter:

--- Quote from: celica on May 26, 2009, 04:33:05 pm ---
--- Quote from: icenutter on May 25, 2009, 09:26:26 pm ---I bought mine second hand from a dealer with only one key on the promise that they sorted out with another one.  Which they did.  The transmitter part of the key and the re-coding was £70 inc VAT.

--- End quote ---

which VW dealer was this?
also what did you do for key and key cutting?

--- End quote ---
Gilder VW Sheffield.  They sent me the ignition part of the key Special Delivery, then I took it to Harrogate VW for the remote and to have it coded.  They refunded me the cost of the latter (promptly I must add).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version