Make a donation

Author Topic: Okada Projects. Plasma Direct ignition coils.  (Read 56062 times)

Offline TT-Turbo

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 18
Re: Okada Projects. Plasma Direct ignition coils.
« Reply #90 on: September 03, 2012, 12:09:53 pm »
Be very interested to see the outcome of these cars on the dyno. Even better if Keith could test his stage 2+ Go
F .:R.   :party:

Keith is now running a stage 4 turbo on the R with a gtx2860.  On the stock injectors its maxed out fueling at 405 bhp.  Loads more in it once fueling is sorted.

Got got a lovely custom downpipe on it now!  :grin:

I'm popping over to get the vRS on the dyno on Friday if all goes to plan.  Not sure it will have these coilpacks available for then?

Sorry, just checked the forum so a little late on the scene! I'm away in Hungary from Wednesday through Sunday so if you wanted I can send them to you to trial out? As long as you send them back soon after your done  :grin: If you could give me a PM Alex and can sort something out potentially.

Cheers,
Dan

Offline danishmkvgti

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 243
  • -Receive: 154
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,7823.0.html
« Reply #91 on: September 03, 2012, 12:24:48 pm »
What's Keith faffing about at. Takes less than half a day to swap the injectors out, put RS4 ones in and fit an RS6 LPFP. :signLOL:

Has it been confirmed that the rs6 lpfp is good to use with larger turbos?

I think Keith has now done the fueling upgrades.

Don't know for sure about the RS6 LPFP.

If he's done the fuelling upgrades I want dyno graphs now :laugh:

Who is in the know regarding the RS6 LPFP?

Over the top mod list ;o)

Offline bedford8256

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #92 on: September 06, 2012, 10:38:11 pm »
good results

Brent F

« Reply #93 on: December 16, 2012, 07:51:31 am »
Here is the link for SPDI Spark. http://spdispark.com/

Me thinks RR will like that girl as her lines could be misconstrued as being saucy.   :evilgrin:

Not sure what to make of that company. It's seems the spark power and amperage can be controlled separately with a box and only seems to offer coils for 4 different cars. It probably works in a similar way but they are doing it more by input rather than amplifying the power in the coil itself. Shame it doesn't really explain how it works in words only by a rather seductive woman talking about making you combustion better and stronger :grin: The principles are very similar in the way the Okada projects coil seems to produce a lot more spark energy for a lot longer and has a secondary spark also.

Hello to all,

Not to jack this post but I have the spdi system on my 2001 A4 B5 the results are very impressive. This system is very different form the stock or CDI systems talked about on the post. The main differences are: spdi will fire a continuous spark for up to 60 crank angle degrees with adjustable power levels. CDI or ID systems fire a spark and that is all you get, the spdi system is fully programmable meaning you can adapt the spark to the apply the engine conditions using the software. There is a new website, no seductive brunette: If this link below works here is a video of the sparks:

Top: CDI (Okada,MSD type)
Middle: ID (typical Bosch found on VAG vehicles)
Bottom Spdi (programmable plasma notice in the vid the plasma will increase)

http://s217.beta.photobucket.com/user/AftershockAutomotive/media/IMG_0553.mp4.html

Offline AndrewJB

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 9
  • die gelbe Baron
    • Email
« Reply #94 on: January 05, 2013, 05:15:25 am »
What was outcome of this guys? My car will be built to Stage2+ spec soon by Alex  :smiley: so i will need little things to spend money on after
2014 Seat Leon Cupra 280 VWR Springs, VWR Intake, REVO Stage1
LeonOC.com & TDISport.com Administrator

Offline danishmkvgti

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 243
  • -Receive: 154
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,7823.0.html
« Reply #95 on: March 12, 2014, 10:17:39 am »
Regarding these and the use og Synology silver plugs:

After personal experience i must strongly recommend that these coilpacks aren't used with any plugs with a lower resistance than stock, as they won't be able to use the energy they generate and WILL cause the coilpacks to catch fire.
Okada have taken notice to this and has put a warning inside their products packaging to avoid there plugs being matched with the wrong type of plugs  :smiley:

Over the top mod list ;o)

Offline TT-Turbo

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 18
« Reply #96 on: March 27, 2014, 09:29:52 am »
I used the coils with NGK Iridium plugs for about 5-6K miles and worked like a dream. Just taken them off the car and are in the for sale section now.

Offline JCWT

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #97 on: May 30, 2014, 09:53:33 pm »
I had these on my JCW, excellent product.