Make a donation

Author Topic: LOBA LO4XX Hybrid K04 Turbo  (Read 194916 times)

Offline Poverty

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 36
  • -Receive: 21
Re: LOBA LO4XX Hybrid K04 Turbo
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2012, 12:17:43 am »
Yep but are they even available yet?

should be in time for when this turbo is on sale to general public

Offline Hurdy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 137
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2012, 12:20:58 am »
Definitely up for one of these.....once I decide if I want to PX the Polo or not.

I've driven Steve's and to say it is fun is an understatement. It was only running 1.2 bar at the time, but can run 2 bar  :drool:

With a DSG I'd also say that clutchpacks will probably get a battering, so cost in HPA/SSP clutchpacks into that unless you are running lower boost.
Golf R gone.

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2012, 05:52:00 am »
3k for the turbo tthen there's injectors then potential clutch packs possibly rods and pistons.  At this rate surely its better to just go big turbo!!

Plus the guys running hybrids at inters werent exactly faster than any of the KO4 cars there.  id prob consider one if i had anS3 or Golf R maybe, but normal fwd even with a diff.... pointless imo.

Offline DaveB@Vagbremtechnic

• Trader - 2014
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 130
    • Vagbremtechnic.com
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2012, 07:45:49 am »
Can't believe anybody thinks going big turbo would be easier, it's an option of course, but very invasive.

Let's not compare this to a big turbo setup and credit where credits due, I work with LOBA and they have completely hit the nail on the head with this turbo, power delivery is sublime apparently, very linear.

This is NOT the usual franken turbo using different ends, the profileof the impeller has been designed to perform, the compressor is machined on a million euro CNC machine the casing is machined and the manifold gets a load of flow work, it's actually two turbos combined to make one, quite frankly I don't know how they do it for the money

As I say I work with LOBA and have been watching this coming through for a few weeks, that's my interest declared, invariably it will get compared to the APR kit hopefully this won't turn into a pi$$ing contest about tuners.

From the simulations I've seen as far as area under the curve is concerned there's nothing near it for the money.

Stage 2+ power at 1.2 bar on a KO4.......just think about that for a second.........

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2012, 09:13:51 am »
Dont get me wrong, i know LOBA hybrids are very well constructed and can produce great numbers.  That's why i have one fitted to my car!!!

The LOBA turbo will spool faster than a bigger turbo, thats for sure, less lag is good however that also has its issues. 

Like i said, if it was a car with haldex to transmit that power then i think this turbo would be a great option.  But if I had a FWD car i think i would go for a GT28 and run the setup like SteveP is.  I think the extra lag that a big turbo produces will help with the traction a little.  But even his car with all his chassis mods/tyres etc still spins its tyres with no issues.

I personally think anything more than stage 2+ is too much for a FWD car even with a LSD and sticky tyres. 

Offline George

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 8
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2012, 10:07:17 am »
S3 S Tronic + This Turbo =  :love:

Offline Kregiel

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 28
  • -Receive: 20
  • Supersonic
« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2012, 10:58:09 am »
I agree that 350+ bhp on FWD is as issue! I am running K04 with stage 2 and sometimes I wonder if that is not too much with all the supporting mods i have with wheel spin especially from a stop. Once rolling it's different story but then we are talking illegal speed territory and only to be used on a track in my view. AWD could be dull in terms of feedback so to me RWD is the way to go for high powered cars. Just my view

Paul
Red 2008 GTI, H&R ARB, b12 suspension, walk, milltek non-res full exhaust, forge IC, tarox 10 pot big brake kit, RS4 valve, Forge SSK, Autotech HPFP, Xenons, K04 Turbo, Quaife LSD, South Bend stage 3 Daily with SMF clutch, XB and UB Unibraces

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2012, 11:36:32 am »
tbh, its hard to disagree with that  :happy2:

Offline E30Dom

• Thank You
  • -Given: 42
  • -Receive: 76
« Reply #23 on: June 29, 2012, 11:44:45 am »
Looks immense and  :congrats: to anyone running this or BT, but a strong Stage 2 with all the supporting mods is enough for me...
Diesel Daily Hack.

Offline Dp_Ed30

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 3
« Reply #24 on: June 29, 2012, 12:51:33 pm »
400+ in fwd is alot but its not as bad as some of you guys are thinking. there are guys in the usa with 600WHP.

with a good map, lsd, sticky tyres and a good driver this turbo will be able to put you in to 11s.

jonneyc managed a 12.5 so a extra 70bhp of a well sorted car should see 11s all day long

Offline RobH

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 9
  • Revo stg 2+
« Reply #25 on: June 29, 2012, 01:09:10 pm »
400+ in fwd is alot but its not as bad as some of you guys are thinking. there are guys in the usa with 600WHP.

with a good map, lsd, sticky tyres and a good driver this turbo will be able to put you in to 11s.

jonneyc managed a 12.5 so a extra 70bhp of a well sorted car should see 11s all day long

With a dsg box maybe but it would be a tall order imo, on a manual i would say no, depends what the turbo is capable of as that is an unknown yet but remember more power means harder to get off the line. With 450hp 11's would be touch and go and not a chance in a manual.

A golf R/S3 would piss 11's with this setup though.

Offline gazon69

• Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 34
« Reply #26 on: June 29, 2012, 01:28:30 pm »

This will have to be mapped very sensibly i think. Full power needs only to be coming In at around 3rd gear otherwise pointless imo. Revo deffo need to get this one right from the off. I find there 2+, stage 3 maps way too agressive low down and as said that would be pointless in fwd.

Offline DaveB@Vagbremtechnic

• Trader - 2014
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 130
    • Vagbremtechnic.com
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: June 29, 2012, 02:07:50 pm »
Think you're right grading the AWD and this turbo, one benefit of hybrids is that you have options, the LOBA TTRS hybrid cars have three different maps for commuting, sporty and 1/4 mile!

I'd have it on a GTI in a heartbeat running 380 with enough torque to pull the side of your house off, trick clutch and diff and it'd be perfect. It's nice knowing you could plug in and have the full 430-450BHP for inters and Dyno days!

We need to find out what it needs and a total estimate for the conversion, can't see it being more than a stage 3 kit whatever it needs

Offline RobH

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • Revo stg 2+
« Reply #28 on: June 29, 2012, 02:14:42 pm »
I dont think stage 2+ is too aggressive, the pedal isnt an on/off switch. This "stage 2+ is already too much for fwd" thats going around in these threads just makes be laugh, my car copes perfectly well with the power obviously in the wet theres issues but its no different for rwd cars. At the end of the day its a laugh to drive and having too much grip would just get boring.

Would this Turbo be too much for fwd car? Ill make that decision when ive been in it thanks. Yes it will wheelspin in some cases but personaly i think this car on the road on a spirited drive and not doing traffic light GP's will be an absolute monster and put a big smile on your face and thats the important thing above all else and that ultimately is why we tune our cars.

All these people that say you have to put 100% of the power to the ground or its pointless can bore off and buy a 4wd car you sound like a set of car journalists :indifferent:

Offline RobH

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • Revo stg 2+
« Reply #29 on: June 29, 2012, 02:18:47 pm »
Think you're right grading the AWD and this turbo, one benefit of hybrids is that you have options, the LOBA TTRS hybrid cars have three different maps for commuting, sporty and 1/4 mile!

I'd have it on a GTI in a heartbeat running 380 with enough torque to pull the side of your house off, trick clutch and diff and it'd be perfect. It's nice knowing you could plug in and have the full 430-450BHP for inters and Dyno days!

We need to find out what it needs and a total estimate for the conversion, can't see it being more than a stage 3 kit whatever it needs

Definatly alot less than a stage 3 kit, i reckon £4k, when you brake it down there is quite alot of stuff thats required.

Spoke to steve@statllers yesterday he said just to wait on let him get the car finished and he will come up with a conversion price fitted.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2012, 02:21:40 pm by RobH »