All Things Mk5 > Mk5 General Area
ED DSG FLASH / DSG HP Limits
bytewize:
--- Quote from: jonnyc on May 26, 2009, 02:00:04 pm ---
--- Quote from: bytewize on May 26, 2009, 11:06:37 am ---Does anyone have 1st hand info on any info about the different dsg flashes for ED30, plus the limits of what the DSG box can reliably take.
--- End quote ---
There are a few guys in the states with GT3071R kits on standard DSG with no problems what so ever..
Mine is stage 2+ fully modified K04 turbo on a standard (mechanically) DSG system and its fine..
The same engine spec on a manual and the clutch would have sh*t itself about 20k miles ago! Thats why its funny when you hear people talking about the DSG being soft..
No one has actually managed to break a DSG box yet through anything other than neglecting to service it. With proper care you can run big power / torque through the DSG no probs! :smiley:
--- End quote ---
I havent been able to find any breakage stories... I was looking at that GT3071R kit last week.. thats what got me thinking about all of this.. wondering how 450 / 500HP over stock DSG box works out
So didnt quite catch are you running stock VW DSG software behiond your 2+ setup? ill be doing similar mods as you have HPFP + TBE + revo2+ on my ed30 next week.. Wanna do some dsg homework b4 it all goes on..
I was going to leave the DSG software stock and see how it handles.. from your comments the extra poines from the 2+ it will handle ok..
What does the flash specifally do apart from alter the way the box handles the shift points?? I also imagine driving style would have alot to do with the longevity!
I still want to do some more reading on the dsg side o things.. I know GIAC do it, what others?? revo?
Cheers..
:drinking:
jonnyc:
--- Quote from: bytewize on May 27, 2009, 07:40:54 am ---
--- Quote from: jonnyc on May 26, 2009, 02:00:04 pm ---
--- Quote from: bytewize on May 26, 2009, 11:06:37 am ---Does anyone have 1st hand info on any info about the different dsg flashes for ED30, plus the limits of what the DSG box can reliably take.
--- End quote ---
There are a few guys in the states with GT3071R kits on standard DSG with no problems what so ever..
Mine is stage 2+ fully modified K04 turbo on a standard (mechanically) DSG system and its fine..
The same engine spec on a manual and the clutch would have sh*t itself about 20k miles ago! Thats why its funny when you hear people talking about the DSG being soft..
No one has actually managed to break a DSG box yet through anything other than neglecting to service it. With proper care you can run big power / torque through the DSG no probs! :smiley:
--- End quote ---
I havent been able to find any breakage stories... I was looking at that GT3071R kit last week.. thats what got me thinking about all of this.. wondering how 450 / 500HP over stock DSG box works out
So didnt quite catch are you running stock VW DSG software behiond your 2+ setup? ill be doing similar mods as you have HPFP + TBE + revo2+ on my ed30 next week.. Wanna do some dsg homework b4 it all goes on..
I was going to leave the DSG software stock and see how it handles.. from your comments the extra poines from the 2+ it will handle ok..
What does the flash specifally do apart from alter the way the box handles the shift points?? I also imagine driving style would have alot to do with the longevity!
I still want to do some more reading on the dsg side o things.. I know GIAC do it, what others?? revo?
Cheers..
:drinking:
--- End quote ---
Yep I have Revo stage 2+.. Im on a rolling road day this weekend actually..
Should be very interesting as there will be a car there with the super secret (although everyone knows about it) GIAC HPFP map on. Turbo back, intake etc etc..
We'll see how the Revo Stage 2+ compares!
Hurdy:
The GIAC HPFP flash is allegedly giving in the region of 380bhp and 400lbft according to my top secret sources.
I haven't seen any dyno runs on it though. If you could get a pic of the GIAC dyno run I'd be grateful Jonny.
Sorry for the threadjack :ashamed:
Back on topic now....
The GIAC doesn't just shift the upchange points above 7k revs and rating of the box, it also
shortens gearchange times by up to 60%
Gives you the option to launch up to 3700 rpm
reduces the lag that you sometimes get on set off from a standstill
Smoother gearchanges
I'd think that the other DSG software companies would give simlar advantages too. :happy2:
jonnyc:
--- Quote from: Hurdy on May 27, 2009, 11:09:22 am ---The GIAC HPFP flash is allegedly giving in the region of 380bhp and 400lbft according to my top secret sources.
I haven't seen any dyno runs on it though. If you could get a pic of the GIAC dyno run I'd be grateful Jonny.
Sorry for the threadjack :ashamed:
Back on topic now....
The GIAC doesn't just shift the upchange points above 7k revs and rating of the box, it also
shortens gearchange times by up to 60%
Gives you the option to launch up to 3700 rpm
reduces the lag that you sometimes get on set off from a standstill
Smoother gearchanges
I'd think that the other DSG software companies would give simlar advantages too. :happy2:
--- End quote ---
Haha.. Thats what I have heard too.. :grin: Interestingly they run less boost than the Revo stage 2+ file and there is a limit to how much timing you can run, and im running max..
We'll see.. Either way its going to be good fun to see what my car is actually running! Its a DD roller too so very accurate!!
(yes ill try and get a copy of that mate)
Navigation
[0] Message Index
[*] Previous page
Go to full version