All Things Mk5 > Mk5 General Area

Standard exhaust minus centre silencer

(1/5) > >>

Aparoon:
Just wondering if anybody has replaced the centre silencer with a straight through pipe to make the standard exhaust a bit louder? Would this work or would it end up sounding pants?

Ive listened to a few clips on youtube but cant really get a true idea of the sound.

Jaywoo-GTI:
I have been thinkin about doin this to, but dont want it to sound rubbish.

jonnyc:
It sounds good..

Lots of the guys in the states do it..

This vid gives a pretty good idea of the sound! (make sure you listen in HQ)



And this is with a 3" de cat down pipe with the standard cat-bac + resonator removed



Hope that helps you out a little..

Jonny

tony_danza:
I wish I had an exhaust that quiet  :wink:

When I had just the cat-back, it was absolutely fine, so I can't see the VW one being any different - just a little fruitier towards the top end. Ask Beddie what its like now...

Aparoon:
Thanks for the clips they sound good, i spoke with pipewerx and they said about £80 so its gotta be worth a try what you think??

I had a decat and non resonated milltek on my mkiv and it sounded awesome just a little too loud at times for my liking!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version