All Things Mk5 > Mk5 General Area

Gti Vs Edi30 - Differences

<< < (5/7) > >>

zub-gti:
Excellent, now we're getting somewhere;

So the ED30 has different;

Engine:
Pistons
Rods
Compression ratio
Cylinder head
Turbo (Ko4 Turbo )

Body:
All the lower skirts / bumpers are colour coded
Side skirts - Colour coded (shape different ?)
Front Bumper ? (what's the difference here (extra lip) ?)
Front splitter - bigger
Rear Bumper - Colour coded (is shape different?)
Rear lights - darkened (Otherwise identical lighting arrangement?)
Side stripes ? Is there any difference ?

Wheels;
18" Pescaras are standard

Interior;
Seats - Part leather heated seats (red stitching?)
Gear knob - Differences ?
Limited edition with unique build number on plaque
Mats - red stitching
Wheel - red stitching
 

Please confirm ??'s and add and confirmed differences.

Z

true-blue:
Don't take this the wrong way, but is there a purpose to this ?

I can understand why you'd want a good idea of the main mechanical differences if you intend to tune, but whether the mats have got red stiching or not :confused:

A few weeks ago I was looking at the differences - but because I want to tune, So I sold my Gti and bought an ED30. Didn't cost the earth to upgrade and now I have a more insurance friendly route to big power. A new exhuast and a remap sounds better than ''I've changed loads of stuff on my car, including fitting  a bigger turbo, to mimik an Ed30''. My insurance Co charged me no extra to trade up to the ED30 either (well £1.05 admin charge :grin:)

 :happy2:

182_blue:
Are you buying one ?, or building a database ?

zub-gti:

--- Quote from: true-blue on May 29, 2009, 02:18:44 pm ---Don't take this the wrong way, but is there a purpose to this ?

I can understand why you'd want a good idea of the main mechanical differences if you intend to tune, but whether the mats have got red stiching or not :confused:

A few weeks ago I was looking at the differences - but because I want to tune, So I sold my Gti and bought an ED30. Didn't cost the earth to upgrade and now I have a more insurance friendly route to big power. A new exhuast and a remap sounds better than ''I've changed loads of stuff on my car, including fitting  a bigger turbo, to mimik an Ed30''. My insurance Co charged me no extra to trade up to the ED30 either (well £1.05 admin charge :grin:)

 :happy2:

--- End quote ---

Thanks, I can see where your coming from, but if you don't have anything constructive to say why bother hi-jacking someone's thread.
Don't want to change my GTi... happy with her the way she is, just want to know the exact differences between the two models..

Z

Ifti:

--- Quote from: 182_blue on May 29, 2009, 03:21:38 pm ---Are you buying one ?, or building a database ?

--- End quote ---

rofl!!!!  :grin:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version