All Things Mk5 > Mk5 General Area

2 x Questions

(1/2) > >>

Boothy:
#1: How much should I be looking at selling a pair of genuine Monza II's that have been restored to factory condition, without rubber?

#2: When I start my car first thing on a morning I can hear a funny noise that sounds like its coming from behind the glove box. To me its like a dull ticking/clicking noise as if its a plastic fan blade catching something as it spins slowly. I've checked the fans at the front of the car and they aren't catching anything plus you can't really hear it if you get under the hood, its just in the cabin? Once its warm it reduces and sometimes stops completely but then on others when I turn the engine off you can hear it slow down until it stops completely. Also if you turn the blowers off completely it gets quieter but doesn't stop it always?

I can only think it could be something to do with either the air-con or the heater/blower fan which I presume is behind the dash somewhere.  :sad1:

Any ideas?

Cheers guys.

NB07:
dunno bout the wheels geezer but i had a similar if not the same problem with my car regards to ticking noise was my cam belt so i would get that looked at quickly or it could end up being extremely costly, if its the aircon compressor you dont need to worry asmuch safety wise but if your turning the ignition on with aircon off sounds like it could be what i had. few people said alternater but mine wasnt... check the cold starts thread in technical workshop http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?board=35.0
 

Boothy:
I'll try to look at that. Where is the timing belt? Is it the one on the left side of the engine if your looking at it from the front and could you hear yours under the hood mate?

182_blue:
as a guide very good condition or new monza 2's should go for about £150 each IMO

NB07:
yeh on the left near the front hope you get it sorted  :happy2:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version