Make a donation

Author Topic: 2.0L TFSI K04 Revo Stage 1, 2, 2+ FOC Software Update  (Read 64161 times)

Offline Dan648v

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 28
  • -Receive: 26
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,39823.0.html
Re: 2.0L TFSI K04 Revo Stage 1, 2, 2+ FOC Software Update
« Reply #165 on: September 01, 2012, 09:55:42 pm »
Yeah I'm gonna give them a call on Monday Andy  :happy2:

There's plenty of revo dealers around but wanted a well known, trustable and knowledgable person tweaking it. Statllers seem just that  :smiley:
Revo Stage 2+ Edition 30 No.1089 with added carbon

Offline Poppa Dom

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 40
« Reply #166 on: September 22, 2012, 06:26:30 pm »
So, I thought it was time for a bit of an update on the car. Back at the tailend of July I went up to see Kev at Revo in Daventry to get the latest software revision of the K04 Stage 2+ code. Revo has been spending time refining the code base on this file so I was keen to have it on the car and give some honest feedback back to Revo. Once the car had been flashed Kev and I went out to set up the car live on the road. It was a fairly warm day (one of the few in July) with ambient temperature being about 23 degrees. The car was set up great, with final settings B9T6F6. before anyone comments on these settings please bear in mind that you cannot equate these SPS settings directly to those from the old code base as the parameters of the settings are somewhat different. So, if you take advantage of Revo's free upgrade, just make sure that you get the car properly set up and do not just migrate the SPS settings. Set it up properly!

I didn't want to post anything until I had put a few miles on the car (now over 1500) since the revised file had been flashed. I only had the chance of driving home and a couple of days driving before I want out to NZ for 5 weeks so wanted to put more miles on to be more objective before posting anything. Immediately on getting in the car it just felt so much better as an all round drive. It is not as aggressive as the previous map, requests less boost. The map is far more progressive and with the linear throttle map it allows for much more modulation through the pedal allowing much more precise control of the power delivery, I can see this being a big improvement if taken on the track. Point to point, the car is most definitely quicker, you know exactly where you can plant the power and do so precisely. I used to find that on the old code you would hold back on the right foot just to avoid lighting the wheels up, but by doing so weren;t getting all the power you had access to. Standing starts are fantastic, not getting bogged down at all and the torque is relentless as I'm sure NorthernThor will testify having driven the car too! The drive is refined, power is put down so efficiently that at times you question whether you're running less power than before, this is clearly not the case (see below)!

So, today Northern Thor, Hedge and I went down to visit Charlie at Surrey Rolling Road. A bit about the dyno. I've used Surrey Rolling Road a number of times before and along with the JKM dyno (my car read only 1bhp apart from the two dynos within a couple of weeks a couple of years ago) they are the only dyno's I tend to use as I believe them to be some of the best operated and most accurate. So, what is interesting about the graphs, well, I've overlaid my previous dyno plot from Surrey Rolling Road onto the one I got today. The RED LINE is the old code and the BLUE LINE the revised code. The old code was run in 3rd gear, the one today in forth. The old runs (red) were run during late autumn with ambient temperatures a little lower than were seen today. Only difference in hardware between two runs is that I now have the RS4 fuel pressure regulator fitted.

BHP and TORQUE

BHP and AFR

So, I'm going to let the graphs do the talking, this is a factual post based on my experience. What I will say is that I am extremely pleased with these figures from the dyno today. All in all, I am very happy with the revised code, complimented with the linear throttle mapping.

Offline chungster

• Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 33
« Reply #167 on: September 22, 2012, 07:39:11 pm »
Looks good Dom  :happy2:

Offline Sunglasses Ron

• Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 15
    • Email
« Reply #168 on: September 23, 2012, 05:08:33 pm »
Nice write up Dom  :happy2: Seems that the new map has certainly made a difference mate and after driving my mate's Stage 2+ S3 the other day (after also having the new revised map installed) I echo your findings with the linear/ progressive power delivery of the new software with the added extra punch towards the top end of the rev range.
One thing that does surprise me though is your RR graph  :confused: From my experience, the power delivery at low rpm was definitely less aggressive/torquey than the previous map, yet that graph suggests the complete opposite..  :confused:

Offline SteveS

• Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 10
« Reply #169 on: March 09, 2013, 09:27:58 pm »
This upgrade still available i assume?

SOLD!! :(
VW GTI Edition 30 No. 0551
Revo Stage2+ (LT) | Evoms Intake, K&N Filter | VWR LSD | Milltek R32 TBE | VWR Engine Mounts | VWR Big Front & S3 Rear Brakes | VWR Springs |  VWR Shortshift | SuperPro Bushes |  Recaro Seats

Saintsteve

« Reply #170 on: March 09, 2013, 09:32:30 pm »

Doms car is the only one ive seen with a better result then the old code.

Couple of 2+ cars at JKM the other week ran less figures then before on the old code.

but it's not been confirmed whether there was an issue with the dyno.

Offline SteveS

• Thank You
« Reply #171 on: March 09, 2013, 10:11:54 pm »
:o
Im very much after the linear throttle

Revo Stage2+ (LT) | Evoms Intake, K&N Filter | VWR LSD | Milltek R32 TBE | VWR Engine Mounts | VWR Big Front & S3 Rear Brakes | VWR Springs |  VWR Shortshift | SuperPro Bushes |  Recaro Seats

Offline E30Dom

• Thank You
  • -Given: 42
  • -Receive: 76
« Reply #172 on: March 10, 2013, 03:17:42 pm »

Doms car is the only one ive seen with a better result then the old code.

Couple of 2+ cars at JKM the other week ran less figures then before on the old code.

but it's not been confirmed whether there was an issue with the dyno.

JKMs dyno that weekend was a joke though! And none of the cars were ran on the previous stage2+ code... Mine just ran 290bhp@wheels which looking through wheel/fly powers from alot of other dyno sheets posted on this forum equates to about 340bhp at fly...
Diesel Daily Hack.

Offline SteveS

• Thank You
« Reply #173 on: March 11, 2013, 03:38:30 pm »
Right, im booked in for Wednesday..

Offline SteveS

• Thank You
« Reply #174 on: March 13, 2013, 07:04:17 pm »
New software definitely makes the car feel more drivable! Starting off seems much smoother.. so far.. happy :)

Offline SteveS

• Thank You
« Reply #175 on: March 18, 2013, 09:30:19 pm »
Update,
Accelerating off the lights is SOOO much better!! fills me with much more confidence now i can pull away without lighting up or "bang banging along the road"

Saintsteve

« Reply #176 on: March 19, 2013, 07:25:37 am »
Put it on the rollers and see if yours has now lost 20bhp like others have the other week steve

Offline rich83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 801
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=p8fj169ql1162f7vrvvh3c7us0&/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #177 on: March 19, 2013, 08:47:24 am »
Put it on the rollers and see if yours has now lost 20bhp like others have the other week steve

If you are referring to that last RR day at JKM, well.... You can pretty much ignore those figures.

Offline SteveS

• Thank You
« Reply #178 on: March 19, 2013, 08:49:11 am »
I don't have a rr from before to test. Plus we all know its varies too much to ever give even slight idea of power.

Offline E30Dom

• Thank You
  • -Given: 42
  • -Receive: 76
« Reply #179 on: March 20, 2013, 04:15:39 pm »

If you are referring to that last RR day at JKM, well.... You can pretty much ignore those figures.

Lets hope so, because this shows stage 2 =309bhp and stage 2+(additional S3 intercooler and Stage2+ map) = 318bhp overlaid and doesn;t show much difference...

Diesel Daily Hack.