All Things Mk5 > Mk5 General Area
Manual or DSG?
gadge:
bugger! I must of test drove it wrong! I though DSG manual mode was when you selected 'S'. Doh
Greeners:
--- Quote from: RedRobin on May 30, 2009, 06:42:37 pm ---
--- Quote from: Greenouse on May 30, 2009, 06:32:03 pm ---Well having both a manual and a DSG I can see advantages to both. No matter what anyone says I feel far more in control in my manual but love the cruising ability of the DSG.
If I wanted a spirited drive I would choose the manual every time! :happy2:
Depends what you want your car for! :wink:
--- End quote ---
....Methinks that if you start doing what Hurdy and myself do and drive mostly in M-mode with the paddles in DSG, you'll grow to prefer it.
Running DSG in D the whole time is a complete waste imo.
--- End quote ---
I agree Red, but the fact it returns back to D mode after a few mins annoys the hell outta me! Then before you know it your back in 6th and you've got to flick 2-3 times to be back in the gear you want! :chicken:
RedRobin:
--- Quote from: Greenouse on May 30, 2009, 06:45:50 pm ---
I agree Red, but the fact it returns back to D mode after a few mins annoys the hell outta me! Then before you know it your back in 6th and you've got to flick 2-3 times to be back in the gear you want! :chicken:
--- End quote ---
....It'll only return back to D if you leave the floor stick in D. Pop the floor stick across to M and override it the other way if you prefer. You can quickly pop in and out and between all the modes when you get the feel of what everything does.
Perhaps I need to give you a demo.
Greeners:
--- Quote from: RedRobin on May 30, 2009, 06:50:44 pm ---
--- Quote from: Greenouse on May 30, 2009, 06:45:50 pm ---
I agree Red, but the fact it returns back to D mode after a few mins annoys the hell outta me! Then before you know it your back in 6th and you've got to flick 2-3 times to be back in the gear you want! :chicken:
--- End quote ---
....It'll only return back to D if you leave the floor stick in D. Pop the floor stick across to M and override it the other way if you prefer. You can quickly pop in and out and between all the modes when you get the feel of what everything does.
Perhaps I need to give you a demo.
--- End quote ---
That would be usefull, thanks mate! :wink:
Really don't want to get lazy and drive everywhere in D! :chicken:
gadge:
So basically, DSG is the only gearbox to have?
No plus sides to a manual gearbox?
Navigation
[0] Message Index
[#] Next page
[*] Previous page
Go to full version