All Things Mk5 > Mk5 General Area
s3 intercoler
SteveP:
--- Quote from: Hedge on May 30, 2009, 11:30:47 am ---THe S3 cooler is 10mm thinker than the standard Ed30 one.
My understanding is that it will keep the intake temps lower especially useful on the hotter days of the year and reducing the effects of heat soak and keeping the power more consistent.
--- End quote ---
Did you do any logging before and after the S3 IC Hedge???
Hedge:
Sadly no.
I had the exhaust and cooler fitted at the same time so couldn't say if any improvements were exactly down to the cooler or not.
I know before you say it. :embarrassed:
SteveP:
No worries I am sure I have seen some logging on the results on other site anyway :happy2:
neg:
joesgti said he noticed the difference on his.
I think with the current weather you would notice the difference, or at least the engine will.
Hurdy:
When mine was stock I noticed that the power drained off quite alarmingly on hot days and even with an aftermarket cooler you will still get some drop in outright performance. Additional cooling is merely a "damage limitation" process for reducing the losses associated with heat soak, rather than a cure all.
Worth doing? Definitely. :happy2:
Navigation
[0] Message Index
[*] Previous page
Go to full version