Make a donation

Author Topic: manual ed30 remap, slipping clutch?  (Read 7939 times)

Offline SteveS

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 10
Re: manual ed30 remap, slipping clutch?
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2009, 01:10:29 pm »
john thats in my boost thread. But they aint come back to me.           

SOLD!! :(
VW GTI Edition 30 No. 0551
Revo Stage2+ (LT) | Evoms Intake, K&N Filter | VWR LSD | Milltek R32 TBE | VWR Engine Mounts | VWR Big Front & S3 Rear Brakes | VWR Springs |  VWR Shortshift | SuperPro Bushes |  Recaro Seats

Offline SteveS

• Thank You
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2009, 01:14:56 pm »
I also think i do have a slipping clutch. I floored it in second or third and it reved and sounded like the wheels where almost just spinning but i would have had wheel hop. The car then eventually clicked in and accelerated.   What do i do?

Revo Stage2+ (LT) | Evoms Intake, K&N Filter | VWR LSD | Milltek R32 TBE | VWR Engine Mounts | VWR Big Front & S3 Rear Brakes | VWR Springs |  VWR Shortshift | SuperPro Bushes |  Recaro Seats

Offline john_o

• Thank You
  • -Given: 136
  • -Receive: 108
    • My Car Blog
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2009, 02:11:58 pm »
wheel hop is also dependent on the surface. so the behaviour does change. sometimes mine hops BADLY other times (esp in the wet it just spins)
The general rule is that clutch slip is seen in the higher gears '4/5/6' , so youd be going against that if you say you have slip in lower gears but not high.
without being in the car its difficult to judge, however if its slipping in 2nd/3rd then Id put money on that it  WILL slip in 6th under WOT conditions as the turbo spools.
is this with TC on or off ?? I assume off? cos with an ED30 if a wheel lights up and you dont back off itll stay well lit  :signLOL: , all power goes to the wheel with least grip.

sounds like you are just experiencing the joys of a high torque turbo car with an open diff  :happy2:
the key thing is to get a trusted mechanic to give an opinion, if you keep 'checking' for a slipping clutch , you can often cause one  :ashamed:.

Red ED35 5dr DSG
DEFI boost guage / RTech Stg1 Engine/DSG / PPMk7 front brakes
BLOG | BUILD

Offline SteveS

• Thank You
« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2009, 02:19:16 pm »
ill have to keep an eye on but i did feel like it was reving without the wheels. Then picked up. Was 3rd i think.

Offline illyun

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2009, 02:38:44 pm »
ill have to keep an eye on but i did feel like it was reving without the wheels. Then picked up. Was 3rd i think.

I had that after I had Revo Stage 2 installed... but it only happenned for the first week or so and I put it down to road conditions and wheel hop.  I've got DSG by the way.

Offline SteveS

• Thank You
« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2009, 02:54:04 pm »
Hum. I had wheel hop before and its not that. No judder. I dont see how it could just be the wheels spinning. It doesnt feel right. I dont get any feed back through the steering wheel