Make a donation

Author Topic: Keeps saying needs a Service  (Read 2320 times)

Offline Stewarty

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 0
Keeps saying needs a Service
« on: June 05, 2009, 07:29:38 am »
Hello all,

I'm new to this site but have had several GTI's with out any problems.  I just bought a MKV GTI 05 plate from a very reputable garage and have had nothing but problems with it.  It keeps coming up saying that it needs a service, I put it back they reset it and two weeks later ping! up it comes again.  It is also loosing water from somewhere.  I put it back to the garage again, they did a pressure test on the system and said it was fine, but its loosing water so god knows where its going.  I have only a couple of weeks left of the warrenty and was wondering if anyone has had similar problems? 

Any feed back would be greatly appreciated,

Cheers.

Offline MAT ED30

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 81
  • Vwr fan boy
    • Email
Re: Keeps saying needs a Service
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2009, 03:52:15 pm »
its not an air con leak by any chance maybe and as for service light nip into the vw dealer and ask if they can turn it off

Mods yes but way too many to stick in this little box

Offline Stewarty

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 0
Re: Keeps saying needs a Service
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2009, 06:53:34 pm »
Thanks for the reply.  I don’t think it’s the aircon as it came up on the dash saying check coolant, I topped it up and a couple of weeks later it needed topped up again. The service light thing, this will be the 3rd time I’ve been back with it in the last two weeks or so.  It's going back in next week, but I don't want them just to reset it and for it to do it again in a couple of weeks.  there must be some reason it keeps coming on.