Make a donation

Author Topic: Vibratechnics lower engine mount  (Read 12194 times)

Offline chungster

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 33
Re: Vibratechnics lower engine mount
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2012, 08:05:55 am »
Had the 2 remaining side mounts fitted this week. First impression was that it's ruined the car on NVH front! You can definitely feel/hear the difference on start up and at idle.

Once on the move it's actually ok and a couple of days on I think I'll get used to it.

Bit annoyed I couldn't swap my Milltek tips tho - the "interchangeable" tips are fused/baked on and at the risk of damaging the rear exhaust section it was decided to abandon the swap. Oh well the pitted tips will have to stay now.

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 379
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2012, 08:20:33 am »

Had the 2 remaining side mounts fitted this week. First impression was that it's ruined the car on NVH front! You can definitely feel/hear the difference on start up and at idle.

Once on the move it's actually ok and a couple of days on I think I'll get used to it.

....Any slight vibratory buzz should settle down - It has done on my VWR versions which were installed in Summer 2009. You anyway get used to differences in your car as well.

Do you get that Grrrrrrrrrr sound when you are on the throttle now?

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline vRSAlex

• Admin
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 253
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,19941.0.html
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2012, 08:33:54 am »

Bit annoyed I couldn't swap my Milltek tips tho - the "interchangeable" tips are fused/baked on and at the risk of damaging the rear exhaust section it was decided to abandon the swap. Oh well the pitted tips will have to stay now.

Want me to have a look at the tips?  I'm sure I could get them off for you.

Are your mounts the road versions or race?  I don't notice mine at all, but when I went in a car fitted with the ths mounts I could feel the fibration straight away.  Much more than I remember my old ths mounts vibration.
www.akstuning.co.uk - info@akstuning.com - 01234 822324
Follow AKS tuning on Facebook

Offline chungster

• Thank You
« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2012, 02:35:47 pm »

Want me to have a look at the tips?  I'm sure I could get them off for you.

Are your mounts the road versions or race?  I don't notice mine at all, but when I went in a car fitted with the ths mounts I could feel the fibration straight away.  Much more than I remember my old ths mounts vibration.

May well take up your offer on the tips Alex. Cheers  :happy2:

The mounts are ex Wigit via Greeners and I don't think he would have fitted race versions on his Rocco. There were no markings on the mounts whatsoever though which is a bit strange. would have expected to see VWR or VT labels!

Offline chungster

• Thank You
« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2012, 02:38:41 pm »

Do you get that Grrrrrrrrrr sound when you are on the throttle now?

yup it definitely sounds like a lion when u blip the throttle etc

The other half likes it though  :evilgrin:

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 379
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2012, 02:45:12 pm »

yup it definitely sounds like a lion when u blip the throttle etc

The other half likes it though  :evilgrin:

....That's a good thing! You don't want a 'other half' bending your ear about not liking something about your car. :happy2:

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!