All Things Mk5 > Mk5 General Area
Coilovers poll
TomB:
The V3's have adjustable damping and rebound, so the ride quality is going to be varied, the V1's are just height ajustable, and they're hard.
Personally for slow driving and potholed roads, I wouldn't go with V1s unless you have a granite spine. If you're only driving in a congested place, I'd look at something with ride adjustment so you can find some some form of comfort setting.
As far as I was aware, the Weitec and KW kits weren't the same. The KW's are stainless while the Weitecs are galvanised. Is that it?
RedRobin:
--- Quote from: scarpicus on June 08, 2009, 12:03:48 pm ---
I Didn't consider Bilsteins because ever thing i have read about them people always say that the ride is very harsh.
--- End quote ---
....Having ridden in Chris' Bilstein GTI on Saturday on the same bit of road as mine with VWR-KW-V3's, I can report very definitely that neither are what I call harsh.
Harder but not harsher.
Much will depend on how expertly the suspension is set up.
scarpicus:
--- Quote from: TomB on June 08, 2009, 01:15:26 pm ---The V3's have adjustable damping and rebound, so the ride quality is going to be varied, the V1's are just height ajustable, and they're hard.
Personally for slow driving and potholed roads, I wouldn't go with V1s unless you have a granite spine. If you're only driving in a congested place, I'd look at something with ride adjustment so you can find some some form of comfort setting.
As far as I was aware, the Weitec and KW kits weren't the same. The KW's are stainless while the Weitecs are galvanised. Is that it?
--- End quote ---
So would you recommend FK Konigsport or FK Konigsport Silverline x which i believe are stainless and have damping adjustment
true-blue:
Hi, Sorry for the OT, but do your FSD's & Eibach's lower the ED30? if so by how much ??
Cheers.
scarpicus:
Replied in For Sale section.. :happy2:
Navigation
[0] Message Index
[#] Next page
[*] Previous page
Go to full version