Make a donation

Author Topic: SuperPro Polyurethane Bushes - Review....  (Read 42443 times)

Offline Janner_Sy

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
Re: SuperPro Polyurethane Bushes - Review....
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2012, 12:28:32 am »
Had them done to my fabia. Blown away by the improvement. Way more than I expected

Offline berg

• Thank You
  • -Given: 49
  • -Receive: 38
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2012, 10:45:14 am »
people who have them fitted - would you say they help a little in getting the power down or purely with the handling when going through the fast twisties
Diamond Black Pearl Edition 30, still going strong but now back to Stg 1

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2012, 11:16:14 am »
people who have them fitted - would you say they help a little in getting the power down or purely with the handling when going through the fast twisties

I wouldn't say theres any traction advantages,but there is so much more feel and control because there is no slop.  Doesnnt sound much but its really notable

Offline Tfsi_Mike

• Thank You
  • -Given: 241
  • -Receive: 309
  • Go Large or Go Home
    • Tfsi Mikes Money Pit AKS / TTE / RTech St2+ Cupra
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,32721.msg402587.html#msg402587
« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2012, 11:59:18 am »

The Fabia felt really taught and firm and direct. Even as a passenger.

It didn't feel notably harsh driving home either. Win win.

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 379
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2012, 01:14:16 pm »

I wouldn't say theres any traction advantages,but there is so much more feel and control because there is no slop.  Doesnnt sound much but its really notable

.... x 2 Totally agree  :happy2: - Exactly my findings too.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2012, 05:24:09 pm »

I can guarantee before Robin hits 200,000 miles he will have tried another chassis upgrade  :P

....And I can guarantee that before you hit another 200 miles you will have done another mod  :P

I look forward to reading how you have found your poly bushings after fitting.  :happy2:

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline Aaroncupra

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 3
« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2012, 07:07:53 pm »

Good write up Robin,

I want them on my mk2 leon cupra at some stage

Offline Tortaruga

• Thank You
  • -Given: 36
  • -Receive: 105
« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2012, 12:23:08 am »
I enjoyed reading your review. Sounds like a very worthwhile upgrade which I will now consider at some juncture, based on the strength of your post.
Keep up the good work :smiley:

PJ
'07 Red manual

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #23 on: November 04, 2012, 08:40:37 am »
^^^^
Hi PJ  :happy2: [Love your Poppy sig - I have a big silk Poppy permanently on my dashboard]

When I write a review it's of course after I have bought the product and having gone as far as deciding to buy something I am naturally pleased and hence enthusiastic about it. The seductive temptress is always Miss Placebo who does everything to justify my expenditure (and encourages me to spend even more!). Consequently I always very consciously do my utmost to write about the product objectively. I really enjoy writing.

I sometimes get a little concerned when someone spends their hard earned money as a result of just my review! But, as I said in this bushes review, for a high mileage car and one which the owner enjoys handling mods, it is indeed a very worthwhile upgrade although relatively subtle. On the other hand, if someone has the funds available and wants the benefits of a mod, the mileage doesn't matter - A friend of mine installed a Quaife diff and full polyurethane bushes very soon after he bought his GTI new! But his other car is a Lotus and I think he wanted to achieve the best handling he could.

Offline Jooles

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2015, 05:00:11 pm »
Hi,

sorry for digging this thread outm but I need an advice... I've had a full superpro bushes kit installed. The kit I had installed is a road kit with antilift.

The car is more confortable than before, less crashy, turn in is more positive (I feel I have to rotate the steering wheel less to steer the same amount), grip is improved in corners. BUT I feel the car is more twitchy on highways (at around 100mph on very rough highways, I'm in Bulgaria) : I feel the rear of the car is less precise. Funny enough, when I don't tuch the steering wheel the car is very stable, when I touch the wheel the car feels twitchy.

So now, do you know which kit you had installed (road or track)? Is it possible the road kit is softer than the OEM bushes? Is it normal the car feels more twitchy with a SALK?

Honestly the car feels fantastic in the twists. The missus was with me so I didn't push too hard, but the cars feels like the limits are further than before.

Thanks!

Julien

Offline xjay1337

• Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 377
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,88399.0.html
« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2015, 05:07:52 pm »
Sounds more of an alignment issue.
But better bushes will transfer more of the road surface through them to the suspension so I would imagine give the feeling of decreased stability, while in reality it's probably just the bushes telling you what's actually going on rather than the factory bushes which would sort of mush and hide a lot of it.

Offline Jooles

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2015, 07:18:15 pm »
Hi,

thanks a lot for your fast reply!

I was assuming something like that : too much informations and I have to recalibrate. It really feels like the car is more direct and the inputs I make are too big and make the car unstable. My bushings were original and 120000km of very very very bad roads old. This may explain that... I may have a play tomorrow if I have time, to see how it really feels.

I forgot to ask for the alignment report though I'm sure they aligned the car : I saw them do it. The workshop is very well reknown here in Bulgaria, so I don't think there is a problem there. I'll have a look tomorrow (the bill is in the car, there may be an alignment report with it). I'll probably phone the shop too, to get their feeling about the whole thing.

Thanks.

Julien

Offline Jooles

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
« Reply #27 on: March 05, 2015, 05:58:00 pm »
Hi,

so, I've had a longer drive on the usual roads here (not highways). 400km including a mountain pass, faster twisties, everything a road can give. In a few words : the car is perfect, it's me who have to recalivbrate. It's perfectly stable in every conditions, much better on turn in, much grippier (so now I drive faster  :stupid:). Everything is fine. Now I have more road time with the mod my inputs are more adapted to the new manoeuverability. Everything is fine. The car is still more comfortable. A very very good mod indeed !

Julien

Offline RBS

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 46
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: December 03, 2016, 10:49:02 am »
Great review! :happy2:

Offline toplad

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
« Reply #29 on: July 22, 2017, 07:55:52 pm »
Thanks very helpful