All Things Mk5 > Mk5 General Area

Lead us not into temptation.......

<< < (5/7) > >>

Hurdy:
I used to look at plenty of other cars, from the new GT-R to Porsche to M3 to RS4 although when I compare the grunt of most of them (GT-R excepted) they are only as quick as my ED30. The longer I keep her, the more attached I become and somehow I think it will have to be a seriously good car to pull me away from her loving arms :happy2:

Recently compared the performance stats of the Revo cupra to the new M3 and the cupra is faster in every increment apart from 0-20mph and over 120mph, so which is the fastest in the real world - then I think that mine is even faster with DSG!!! :surprised:

Jules86:
Mine is faster than both in the real rainy world   :P


I wish  :signLOL:

darrens:
For the past 5-6 years I have changed my daily driver on average every 4 months.  I have now had my ED30 5 months and I can honestly say I have no intention of changing it anytime soon.  When I sit down and think about other cars I would like to own, they are either no practical enough in terms of running/maintainance costs or they cost too much in the first place.

The ED30 is a great balance of everything I need all wrapped up in a very subtle package and I feel very fortunate to be driving it.

I think thats one of the problem with modern society and its reflected in the current credit crunch.  People have not been happy with what they have and everything has become desposable.  Once you get what you want you then want something else.   I fell in love with the ED30 the day I bought it and that hasn't changed and I won't let it!

NeilM:
I'm a bit restricted to what I can drive, I need Auto/DSG, 2 door (access), rear seats (wheelchair), large boot for chair when I have passengers. So I'm always on the look out for something, nothing out there at the moment would tempt me away from #0418 and I've had it 2 years which is a record.
Talk of an RS3 next year now that would be tempting  :wink:

true-blue:
Maslow's Heirarchy of needs.......

'' Man is a perpetually wanting animal....''

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version