All Things Mk5 > Mk5 General Area

Service?

(1/3) > >>

Ifti:
My car show sjust above 6500 miles.
It states it needs a serive in 6600 miles, or 62 days.

Im guessing its on T&D servicing - yet I thought T&D service was 1 year or 10,000 miles - not 13,000?!

How much should I expect to pay for the first service?
As I do mainly motorway and A roads (40 miles per day) would I be better suited to LL servicing??

Ifti:
Anyone??

Edition30:
My first service was £115 at a VW Dealer. Was originally supposed to be getting it done for cost price as my mate works at VW, but credit crunch and all that got it cut off.


I think T_T over on the other site said it should be 10,000 miles or 12 months for this engine regardless of how it is driven. Mine covered nearly 12,000 before it counted down.

bacillus:
The service light will come on if the oil sensors determine that the oil needs changing regardless of what regime you're on.

Stick with the T&D regime...   :smiley:

Ifti:
£115 is cool - I had £250 in my head for some reason?!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version