Make a donation

Author Topic: Bluetooth Kits  (Read 9189 times)

Offline Altern8

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
Bluetooth Kits
« on: November 22, 2008, 10:32:54 pm »
Hey

Just wondering what kits you got installed in your Mk5s I'm looking at getting a parrot kit soon

Cheers

Offline SteveP

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 117
  • -Receive: 340
    • My Project
Re: Bluetooth Kits
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2008, 10:36:45 pm »
If your budget and car setup allows then the OEM VAG/Skoda kit IMHO is the best option but you will need at least the Highline display.

Otherwise I previously has the Parrot LS-3200 in my last GTI with the Standard RCD300 headunit and that was fine but it did fail after a couple of months and had to be replaced under warranty.

Offline stealthwolf

• Thank You
  • -Given: 306
  • -Receive: 291
  • ED30 No.1412
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2008, 05:54:54 pm »
Unfortunately my car doesn't have Highline  :sad: So it Parrot an acceptable substitute?

Was also thinking of buying a new TomTom GPS (probably 520/530) to replace the old one which I'll give to a relative. Comes with BT built in so, supposedly, you can use it make/receive calls. Would it be better to go for  a Parrot instead?

The GTI isn't just a machine. It's very much a living, breathing thing.

Offline Greeners

• Thank You
  • -Given: 201
  • -Receive: 199
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2008, 05:58:40 pm »
Unfortunately my car doesn't have Highline  :sad: So it Parrot an acceptable substitute?

Was also thinking of buying a new TomTom GPS (probably 520/530) to replace the old one which I'll give to a relative. Comes with BT built in so, supposedly, you can use it make/receive calls. Would it be better to go for  a Parrot instead?

The Tom Tom BT isn't up to much as the wife has it on her Go510. The Parrot would be better as it's integrated into the cars speaker sytem  :happy2:

HTH

Offline stealthwolf

• Thank You
  • ED30 No.1412
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2008, 06:03:35 pm »
The Tom Tom BT isn't up to much as the wife has it on her Go510. The Parrot would be better as it's integrated into the cars speaker sytem  :happy2:

Thanks for the info. Main reason for going for Go530/540 was because of the BT facility. If it's crap, not much point in going for that. Will prolly buy another One either XL or V3/4.

EDIT: Where's a good place to buy one and get it fitted? Or is it easy enough to do myself?
« Last Edit: November 23, 2008, 06:06:12 pm by stealthwolf »

Offline Greeners

• Thank You
  • -Given: 201
  • -Receive: 199
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2008, 06:07:58 pm »

Thanks for the info. Main reason for going for Go530/540 was because of the BT facility. If it's crap, not much point in going for that. Will prolly buy another One either XL or V3/4.

EDIT: Where's a good place to buy one and get it fitted? Or is it easy enough to do myself?

As the speaker is housed in the unit it will never be as good as one with a seperate Mic and speakers. If you want it done in Brum I can get one fitted for you. Let me know which kit your after and I'll get a price off him for you  :happy2:

Offline stealthwolf

• Thank You
  • ED30 No.1412
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2008, 07:53:46 pm »
 Mate, absolutely stuck deciding.

CK3100 LCD looks like the bare minimum I need. The 3200LS and the MKi9200 look nice but I need to be able to hide the unit or put it somewhere very discreet.

Offline Golfgirl

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 23
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2008, 01:48:36 am »
The Tom Tom bluetooth is crap :mad:

I have a Parrot CK3000 Evolution with multican interface so it is controlled via the phone and volume buttons on the MFSW and I've had no problems with it.  As long as you can set up voice tags on your phone it will work.  The only problem I've had with it is when it was fitted the microphone was put in the interior light cluster and my callers couldn't hear me.  I asked to have it moved outside the light cluster and it is now situated at the top of the A-Pillar and it's as clear as a bell now.

FOR SALE!

Offline stealthwolf

• Thank You
  • ED30 No.1412
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2008, 07:59:57 pm »
Where did you stick the unit Golfgirl?

Offline Golfgirl

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2008, 08:13:41 pm »
I didn't, I had it fitted for me and wasn't around when they did it so I'm not sure. 

FOR SALE!

Offline stealthwolf

• Thank You
  • ED30 No.1412
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2008, 08:29:57 pm »
Lol but where's the display located? Is it visible in the car or hidden away somewhere?

Offline keith

• Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 32
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2008, 09:17:22 pm »
the ck3000 is just a small unit there is no display like the ck3100, all the gubbins fit behind the stereo in the dash. The parrots require a autolead adpator.The ck3100 is good i ahve one fitted to my van and i am going to get one fitted to my mk2 & 5

Offline RunRabbit

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2008, 09:54:38 pm »
I've got a parrot with the little display, generally ok. It doesn't really like my SonyEricsson though, keeps disconnecting from it, worked a dream on my nokia though

Offline stealthwolf

• Thank You
  • ED30 No.1412
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2008, 10:13:28 pm »
the ck3000 is just a small unit there is no display like the ck3100, all the gubbins fit behind the stereo in the dash. The parrots require a autolead adpator.The ck3100 is good i ahve one fitted to my van and i am going to get one fitted to my mk2 & 5

Lol forgot Golfgirl said CK3000 and not CK3100 but she would still have this somewhere:

I've got a parrot with the little display, generally ok. It doesn't really like my SonyEricsson though, keeps disconnecting from it, worked a dream on my nokia though

What SE phone do you have? I was looking at Parrots over the weekend but have read about how they don't work particularly well with SE phones, though sometimes a firmware update on both the phone and/or parrot helps.

I have the K800i.

Offline Golfgirl

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2008, 11:31:26 pm »

Lol forgot Golfgirl said CK3000 and not CK3100 but she would still have this somewhere:

It's probably hidden behind the stereo then as I have nothing on display apart from the microphone.

I have a Nokia and it sometimes disconnects and reconnects itself randomly, but it's normally when I don't switch the bluetooth on my phone on until the ignition is on.  When I had it fitted I was told to make sure the bluetooth on my phone is turned on before I get into the car or turn the ignition on.  When I do remember I have no problems.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2008, 11:34:20 pm by Golfgirl »

FOR SALE!