All Things Mk5 > Mk5 General Area

My car is the DEVIL!!

(1/5) > >>

Edition30:
Seems like I always have the worst luck with cars.

1st car. Granted it was french but still at just 3 years old it seemed to be ready for the scrappers traded that in for the Astra.

2nd Car. Again Vauxhall dont seem too popular on this site and rightly so, it was in the dealers every other week and still persisted with problems approaching 3 years so it seemed sensible to trade it in for the current car.

3rd car. Edition 30

Problems:

New engine at 4 months old and 4000 miles. First day I got it back it went into limp mode. Fantastic. All was fine up until about a month or so ago and the fan began to kick in all the time and the A/C was no longer blowing cold and also the centre caps seemed to have the dreaded worming effect.

Got the car back and it developed a loud whining noise and constantly judders and vibrates aswel as the fan still kicking in all the time. Apparently the small fan was replaced although I thought the smaller fan and bigger fan were 1 piece?

The fan still persists to kick in all the time and it has to go back in for a further 2 days for some motor stripping down and rebuilding  :confused:

Something in the suspension was replaced A arm or something??

It really is not a pleasure to drive at the minute and I just become really stressed at the thought of driving it.

/rant over.

P.S what courtesy cars do you get if you take yours to VW and do you have to pay £10.95 insurance for the day?

Steve.

stealthwolf:
Dunno bout all the other stuff but when I took my car in for its first service, I got a Golf Match 1.something Diesel. A mate got 1 litre Polo. Depends on what they have available at the time. Didn't have to pay insurance but reckon they factored it into the servicing cost as it was a tad higher than it should have been.

matt a:
You don't have much luck mate.  :surprised:

The juddering isn't to do with the wheels not being balanced correctly? It's amazing what an affect it has on the car.

Edition30:
Not sure...I will see what they say a week on Thursday when I get it back and see if it stops. Not happy about paying for insurance when its a warranty issue though.

Gene Hunt:
Payment for there insurance could be due to you'r age ??????.Are you under 25 ?.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version