All Things Mk5 > Mk5 General Area

Gearshift Problem....

(1/22) > >>

CocoPops:
Guys,

Currently in France, due back tomorrow.

I've got a strange issue...

I can select all gears no problem...
But...

It's as if the "gate" for the lower 2,4,6 gears is missing....

ie I can select 1st, 3rd, 5th and the stick does not wobble.
However, if I select 2nd, 4th, 6th then the stick moves side to side and I can only leave the gear if I remember what gear I'm in...

Make sense?

A poor diagram......

#1#3#5#
######
#2 4 6#

Any one have any ideas?

Not sure if it's the Quick Shift causing it?
It's a VW Racing one, fitted by VW Racing last weekend.
I've done plenty of gear changes and miles over the last week since fitting, but it's the only thing thats changed.

Phil Mcavity:
Sounds like your Bargain short shifter from vwr has come loose mate, maybe slipped a spline on the shaft causing the problem.

Seems a tad coincidental that they fitted it just last week and you now have gear shaft alignment issues.

Hope the Trip has gone well to Le mans. Hope youve taken lots of piccies to show all when you get back mate. :happy2:

WhiteGTI:
I've had experience with this, it sounds like the connection where the front-back and side-side shifter is coming a little loose...should be an easy fix, but i don't have experience of the VWR product - only the Forge. Have a look at it and look at the connector block where the two shifters connect.

Sorry I cannot be more helpful  :happy2:

Phil Mcavity:
Is there some sort of pinch bolt that tightens to stop the shaft from slipping off a spline do you know chris? perhaps its that ,thats come loose.?

CocoPops:
Chris,

That sounds about, will take a look.

If anyone else has any thoughts, do shout.

I'm hoping it's nothing serious and I can get back to UK ok.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version