Make a donation

Author Topic: Gearshift Problem....  (Read 19706 times)

Offline no golf clubs at all

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 10
Re: Gearshift Problem....
« Reply #105 on: July 08, 2009, 06:35:34 am »
I could not handle my car being out of action for three and a half days let alone weeks. You've shown remarkable paitence, well done. Though personally I would have given up on the SS by now and returned to stock (was that not an option)?

I think vwr need to consider their Market again and stick to their core competence, unless of course, they fully resource and put the infrastructure in place to handle people who need their cars for say a daily commute.

I was considering their brakes or getting their suspension mods but on reading this post, I realise that despite their undoubted genius in
many areas I have to admit sadly that I definately fall into the category of customer who this company wouldn't suit.  :sad:

But that's good ..... At least I know now.

Offline RedRobin

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 379
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
Re: Gearshift Problem....
« Reply #106 on: July 08, 2009, 12:00:17 pm »

In response to : -

I think vwr need to consider their Market again and stick to their core competence, unless of course, they fully resource and put the infrastructure in place to handle people who need their cars for say a daily commute.

I was considering their brakes or getting their suspension mods but on reading this post, I realise that despite their undoubted genius in
many areas I have to admit sadly that I definately fall into the category of customer who this company wouldn't suit.  :sad:

But that's good ..... At least I know now.

....In reality, these sort of stock issues are no different in large established 'retail' businesses. How many weeks have I sometimes had to wait for a component from Awesome? (I'm not complaining but just pointing out only one example). Every garage/workshop/retailer makes mistakes or has delays from time to time. However, if a customer's expectations do not accept this, then the working relationship probably is never going to be a good match.

Horses for courses. Personally, VWR's racing priorities don't interfere with my expectations and when it's my turn they always give me 100% attention.

I quote from VWR's MD Sam's earlier post in this thread : -

It's worth saying that we don't have any ambitions to be a big retail operation, there are enough companies doing a fine job of that out there, and their style may well suit some customers better. The race programme is of course a priority, but that should not, and will not be an excuse to let anyone else down in future through poor communication.  Matt will be our front man to you guys, which I believe will work well.

If any of you do ever want to get in touch with me, or ever feel you aren't getting what you want from us, please do contact me directly on s.roach@volkswagenracing.co.uk or on my mobile 07866 737343 anytime.  We really do welcome your comments, and appreciate your patience if we have any teething troubles. 

Thanks for reading,

Sam

I expect that some of you will chirp in and post that I'm always defending VWR. Well yes, I have had plenty of experience of them and although not perfect (no-one ever is) I don't hesitate to drive a 340-mile round trip to Milton Keynes. Engine mounts on Friday, all being well!

Whichever workshop/supplier we choose to go to, it's all about relationship and matching your individual expectations as a customer. As individuals, we each have differing expectations.

:happy2:

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!