All Things Mk5 > Mk5 General Area

High Mileage GTI's

(1/7) > >>

stugolf:
Hi guys, do you know of any problems with a higher mileage GTI? I.e 70,000miles +, if I got one I would want to remap it with a Milltek maybe and some suspension changes, can anyone see a problem with this? I guess they can easily run over 100k miles mapped or not?

Cheers Stu

NEWEY:
as long as the car has been well looked after. you shouldnt really have a problem :)

Cooper:
Mine is currently on 69,500 and to be honest it's running better than ever!

Always been serviced on time and looked after with all genuine VW parts. It's not mapped or anything, but running sweet as a nut!

WhiteGTI:
Should be fine! Depending on how old it is there will be a couple of parts that you may want to update to the latest VW revision, e.g. the DV and the coilpacks.

Some of the early ones suffered steering rack problems, so have a look out for that too.

Other than that, my knowledge is fairly limited on high milage GTI's, but I'm sure an expert will find this topic soon and help you out  :happy2: :happy2:

no golf clubs at all:
Stugolf....,

lol  :wink: :wink: :wink:

Mine is 36,000 only, with milltek already, fully serviced, all 4th year costs paid for.....

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version