Make a donation

Author Topic: AMD Milltek and remap offer  (Read 1922 times)

Offline lm_gauci

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 8
    • Email
AMD Milltek and remap offer
« on: October 13, 2012, 08:43:03 am »
Just looking for a few opinions on this offer from AMD. Ideally i was looking at just getting a stage 1 remap from REVO but have noticed this and thought i'd make an enquiry to them.

No price is listed in the offer but the same thing is listed on ebay for £750 for the mk5 gti. Thats for an AMD remap "AmD Remap gives you gains from, +60bhp, +78lb.ft of torque" and Non res Cat Back Milltek Exhaust.

The extra bhp figures look slightly optimistic imo but all in all the price looks quite good. I'd like a resonated cat back so have enquired about that and also asked if there is any negotiations as to having a REVO map instead of thier own.

What other options do i potentially have for the same sought of price?    :popcornsoda:

Offline Nodz

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 73
  • -Receive: 103
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,29264.0.html
Re: AMD Milltek and remap offer
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2012, 08:57:16 am »
AMD's gains are always optimistic and their rolling road hasn't got the best reputation around for being accurate.

I'm not to sure on prices but it's always worth calling some of the tuners on here like AKS, PDT, JKM, Stattlers, R Tec, etc to get prices from them to compare and also costs of various remaps available as you also have got Revo, APR, R tec etc.

Offline rllmuk

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2012, 11:44:48 am »
I asked them when I had Revo done if this was available with Revo and not just their remaps - not likely was the reply!
Standard Leon FR DSG ;)

Offline lm_gauci

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 8
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2012, 08:36:04 pm »
Yeah the reply i had was pretty much that. Also spoke to JKM to see what they could offer but there isn't really a good enough deal to jump in and do it. I'm going to AKS Tuning tomorrow so will see what Alex can do.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2012, 10:58:40 pm by lm_gauci »

Offline webby888

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2012, 10:22:33 pm »
i took up this offer with AMD and to be honest i have no complaints at all! quite like their map as it makes the car seem alot more aggressive to drive

made 256bhp on their rollers with stage 1 intake and miltek catback

Offline sub39h

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 189
  • -Receive: 84
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2012, 05:20:51 am »
An R-Tech Stage 1 remap and a Blueflame full TBE would only cost about £100 more
2006 Phantom Black A3 2.0T S-Line
DSG | Rear Parking Sensors | MFSW | BOSE | Auto lights/wipers | Half leather
MODS : '09 tail lights | TT vents | Bilstein B14 | RNS-E 2010 | AMI | AKS Tuning custom CAI | Titanium BBS VZs | NQS BBK | WALK | Autotech RARB | Bluemotion aero | Blueflame TBE | Autotech HPFP | MY11 Wing Mirrors | Bluetooth | S3 Intercooler
PLANS: Stage 2+