All Things Mk5 > Mk5 General Area

What tyres? 19" x 9j

(1/2) > >>

Jaywoo-GTI:
I am looking at fitting 19 x 9" wheels on my Gti,

What tyres should i fit and is there any arch modifications i need to do?

Hurdy:
You'll nee the arches rolling, camber adjustment top mounts and probably 215 section tyres to stand a chance of getting the fronts to fit. You'll also need an offset that balances up the inner and outer sides of the arch/struts with the extra space made from the arch rolling.

Would look great when finished though.

I'd be tempted to go with a staggered set of 8.5" at the front and 9" at the rear to make life a little easier if I were you. :happy2:

Jaywoo-GTI:
I cant get the wheels i have in staggered widths.I have been told to go for 225/35/19 as 215 are so  small for a 9j wheel according to manufactures guide. (I know 215's can be fitted but i want it safe).
Also 225/35's are the same rolling circumference as the 18" monza II's i have on now so it is just the width that is a issue but when i trial fitted the wheel it seemed to sit ok and not sticking out horrendously.

Hurdy:
The pic shows a trial fit on the rear, the fronts are more of an issue with width clearance. :happy2:

Have you trialed a front fit?

Jaywoo-GTI:
No i tried the fronts yet? :scared:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version