All Things Mk5 > Mk5 General Area

Driving Miss Daisy ........up the wall !

<< < (2/3) > >>

true-blue:

--- Quote from: Phil Mcavity on June 18, 2009, 02:56:26 pm ---
--- Quote from: true-blue on June 18, 2009, 02:03:55 pm ---maybe I'll find my way into a fast golf Tdi :smiley:

--- End quote ---

Is there such a thing??  :evilgrin:

--- End quote ---



Well I'm talking in relative terms  :wink:

stealthwolf:
If you're after fuel economy, the GTI is not the way to go.

I have managed 40mpg with some bursts of acceleration by sitting at 60mph but it was decidedly unfun. Strangely, I was content at 60mph when the motorway was empty but as soon as other cars appear, I have to show off!

SteveTDCi:
if it helps my A3 TDi struggles to make 40mpg, infact its sitting around 35-38 in daily use although thats without giving a dam about driving style.

Phil Mcavity:
i used to get 34-36mpg with my passat dsg 170, bigger car but same engine as the GT tdi in the golf or i regard as the fastest one :innocent:

Jules86:

--- Quote from: Phil Mcavity on June 18, 2009, 07:10:57 pm ---i used to get 34-36mpg with my passat dsg 170, bigger car but same engine as the GT tdi in the golf or i regard as the fastest one :innocent:

--- End quote ---

That it?

MK4 R32 >



If you want economy get yourself a 3.2 V6! None of that soot chucking crap  :signLOL:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version