Make a donation

Author Topic: 2012 APR Remap Challenge is NOW!  (Read 13406 times)

Offline yin

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 77
  • -Receive: 18
  • Seat Leon Cupra Tfsi Its nearly a Golf
    • Email
Re: 2012 APR Remap Challenge is NOW!
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2012, 05:54:56 pm »
Probably got something to do with pulling out of the UK

And leaving some  of there customers with cars running like crap with the   only thing they could offer was a link to the there website showing me how to log my car.

Offline Tfsi_Mike

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 241
  • -Receive: 309
  • Go Large or Go Home
    • Tfsi Mikes Money Pit AKS / TTE / RTech St2+ Cupra
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,32721.msg402587.html#msg402587
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2012, 06:20:49 pm »
Surely if they are that confident in their product then they should pick up any bill for getting your previous map put back on if you are not happy with theirs??

I see what you're saying, but really the risk (if any) would be minimal--it's a shame to hear of all of these tuners charging to reinstall their maps on peoples' vehicles. That's never something we would do. If customers are strongly considering this option, then surely it's more than a cost comparison. Maybe they're bored, curious, or want to conduct their own tests before choosing. Nobody is forced to do anything here, but what offer is a simple path to see what it's like. Worst case you leave with an OEM map a free dynograph and the ability to say you've compared the software... and then have to grovel to get your current tuner to flash your car again

APR should concentrate on gaining new custom by reputation and results... not trying to undercut all other companies with these stupid "amnesty" deals

If the software is that good then why is the proportion on APR customers on here (and many other forums) so low?

Revo have offered the same Amnesties in the past.

Offline Evan@APR

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 7
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2012, 07:39:03 pm »
Surely if they are that confident in their product then they should pick up any bill for getting your previous map put back on if you are not happy with theirs??

I see what you're saying, but really the risk (if any) would be minimal--it's a shame to hear of all of these tuners charging to reinstall their maps on peoples' vehicles. That's never something we would do. If customers are strongly considering this option, then surely it's more than a cost comparison. Maybe they're bored, curious, or want to conduct their own tests before choosing. Nobody is forced to do anything here, but what offer is a simple path to see what it's like. Worst case you leave with an OEM map a free dynograph and the ability to say you've compared the software... and then have to grovel to get your current tuner to flash your car again

APR should concentrate on gaining new custom by reputation and results... not trying to undercut all other companies with these stupid "amnesty" deals

If the software is that good then why is the proportion on APR customers on here (and many other forums) so low?

The software is good. But what incentive do you have as a customer to try APR? None. You're not going to wake up one morning and say, "hey I just might buy a full retail APR remap today, just to see what it's like!" I wouldn't do it and you wouldn't either :happy2: This is a simple offer for those curious about our software, but haven't particularly have any reason to try it. :)

To address a few of the other comments:

A. The Awesome switch has been discussed before, but I'll remind you that they tried Revo to see if they were able to provide a better product and support than us. Well, here we are, and Awesome are back with us :) Glad to have them on board.

B. We never pulled out of the UK, we maintained contact with our dealers and did everything we could to service them during the shock of the loss of their importer. As you can imagine, losing an importer and surviving a mass amnesty will certainly make a dent in your marketshare and presence in a nation. We've been here for a year so far and have been enjoying regrowing our brand and hope more people will join us for the ride!

C. Yin,I'm sorry you were left with little support at the time, but as I said, we're here now and happy to help you with any technical needs. Please email me at elight@goapr.com and I'll do everything I can to sort your APR products if you still have them.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2012, 07:42:15 pm by Evan@APR »
APR UK
www.goapr.co.uk | elight@goapr.com | 0845 680 3527
“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Offline rtechniki

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 27
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2012, 07:41:13 pm »
:popcornsoda: And I thought the challenge was going to be a dyno shootout - all cars from all mappers on the same RR in the same day..... Oh well  :sad1:

I am up for that one.... :innocent:
Nick Gower
R-Tech Performance Tuning
Hinckley 01455 617233
Bespoke ECU Software for 1.8T & 2.0TFSI

Offline Keith@APR

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 36
    • Go APR
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2012, 09:16:26 pm »
... and what happens if one is not happy with the software?

Then you need to go cap in hand to your original mapper and hope they don’t charge you too much for wanting to jump ship in the first place.

Is that really how it works with other tuners?  With APR, once you buy it, you own it and reflashes are already free regardless of who we are flashing over.  Seems like a pretty poor customer service policy on their behalf to me.

Offline Keith@APR

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Go APR
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2012, 09:17:38 pm »

We assumed other tuners would do it for free like we do.  Not much I can say if they don't provide that level of customer service.

Offline Keith@APR

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Go APR
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2012, 09:19:05 pm »
:popcornsoda: And I thought the challenge was going to be a dyno shootout - all cars from all mappers on the same RR in the same day..... Oh well  :sad1:

It is, just not all in one day.  If you come with a competitor, you get to see the before and after on your car and sure, we have no problem sharing the results of other cars as long as the owners are happy to do so.

Offline Keith@APR

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Go APR
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2012, 09:20:49 pm »
Probably got something to do with pulling out of the UK Rich followed by the Awesome Revo amnesty and then not looking after the dealers that stuck by them through the lean times.  :confused:

Not looking after the remaining dealers?!?  I beg to differ and invite you to contact any of them.  Gwent VW, Tuningwerkes.....all were taken care of just fine.  Now, we did kick some out around the same time, so maybe that's what you mean?

Offline Keith@APR

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Go APR
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2012, 09:22:49 pm »

Its no secret that the UK market has been one of our weakest.  Its Revo's back yard and the industry is overall a bit underdeveloped compared to other parts of the world, plus people are a lot more price sensitive in the UK and APR is a premium brand.

Offline Keith@APR

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Go APR
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2012, 09:25:01 pm »

Not trying to undercut, just offering a lower cost alternative for those that want to give us a try.  Not many should want to pay for a remap again but we've seen that there is an opportunity to get a higher quality product so we are trying to make it less painful for those that have already shelled out hard earned money.  Why the hate for trying to help?  If we wanted to undercut, we would sell new remaps for less.

Offline Keith@APR

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Go APR
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: November 07, 2012, 09:31:09 pm »

And leaving some  of there customers with cars running like crap with the   only thing they could offer was a link to the there website showing me how to log my car.

Unfortunately, yes.  We can't do a whole lot based on feeling or just fault codes.  To make a change, we have to have data.  I'm very sorry you were left hanging but that is why we are here now so it won't ever happen to anyone again.

Offline Hurdy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 137
« Reply #26 on: November 07, 2012, 09:35:18 pm »
I don't have APR software and have no allegiances to them, but I personally think this is a decent marketing idea. If other tuners took the same tack, customers would be tempted more to try other tuners. Keith is right, it isn't his fault that other tuners screw us customers whenever we have to have OUR maps re-flashed back on the car, it SHOULD be part of the service. I'm lucky enough to have a tuner who is very helpful, a lot of people aren't so lucky. :happy2:
Golf R gone.

Offline yin

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 77
  • -Receive: 18
  • Seat Leon Cupra Tfsi Its nearly a Golf
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: November 07, 2012, 09:38:31 pm »

Unfortunately, yes.  We can't do a whole lot based on feeling or just fault codes.  To make a change, we have to have data.  I'm very sorry you were left hanging but that is why we are here now so it won't ever happen to anyone again.

Very difficult to log anything when cars stuck in limp mode when mapped and ok in stock and all Arin kept sending was the link to your website it was very helpful :sad1:

Offline Keith@APR

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Go APR
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: November 07, 2012, 09:40:32 pm »

Very difficult to log anything when cars stuck in limp mode when mapped and ok in stock and all Arin kept sending was the link to your website it was very helpful :sad1:

Clearing the fault code will always remove limp mode until the problem happens again.  Sounds like you needed a good dealer close by to offer support and that is another major reason why we are here, to develop a dealer network of customer friendly professionals.

Offline Hedge

• Thank You
  • -Given: 484
  • -Receive: 304
« Reply #29 on: November 07, 2012, 09:52:28 pm »
Now, we did kick some out around the same time, so maybe that's what you mean?

Yup, you binned my dealer/tuner of choice so I binned your software as the support was no longer there.

Had my dealer/tuner been allowed to continue as an APR dealer then I would still be an APR customer. Simples.