All Things Mk5 > Mk5 General Area
Spare Wheel - Necessary?
rdfcpete:
Guys,
Wondered if you all carry and all see a need for your space saver?
I've luckily never had to use one and although they don't weigh too much, I wondered if it was space I could save for tools by using perhaps an alternative, like one of those air/patch up packs that will allow you to continue your journey for a short while?
Obviously they have a purpose, but so far, because 90% of my driving is local and I've only ever had slow punctures which I've been able to drive down to a tyre supplier to have it patched up.
I must admit, if I was on an M road and a drivers side tyre has a heavy puncture, I wouldn't fancy sitting on the hard shoulder with the car jacked up while I put the spare on, too many safety issues there, but I suppose that's life.
If there's an easier/quicker and lighter alternative then cool, if not, I'll just stick with it?
Thanks,
Peter.
keith:
I carry one of those cans that inflates and seals at the same time. Just incase as my wife couldn't change the spare wheel and the journey to school is countryside so its a quick fix.
Rich:
ive just posted a topic on this on random chat... strange coincidence lol :laugh:
Rich:
Keith -
Where can i get one of your cans !!! - what are they called..
Its a must get !!!
Cheers :happy2:
bacillus:
I'm pretty sure Halfords do those tyre repair cans...
Navigation
[0] Message Index
[#] Next page
Go to full version