Make a donation

Author Topic: Audi S6 DRLS on .:R32  (Read 11205 times)

Offline pazz

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 7
Re: Audi S6 DRLS on .:R32
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2009, 07:34:26 pm »
If only they did these with Xennon's, having said I bet I'd need to take out a mortgage to pay for them.

Inpro S5 Style MK5 Headlights

Offline Manu_R32

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2009, 12:03:12 pm »
Pazz, those lights look cool and deffinatley something different, happy with the xenons on the .:R at the moment and have the car booked in for thursday morning so...il make sure i post some pics!  :smiley:

OSIR Front and Rear Diffuser - JL Audio 400/4 Amplifier - JL Audio ZR650 - Recaro Bucket Seats - JL Audio Stealthbox - JL Audio 500/1 Amplifier - Kenwood DNX 7200 - OZ Ultraleggeras!

Offline VC

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 80
  • -Receive: 93
    • Very Cherry Stickers and Decals
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2009, 12:36:11 pm »
a bit to in your face for me, but if your boat is floating and all that  :innocent:

and if you want them to do this:

i have a control module new and unused that had fully adustable flash patterns as well as always on and off features etc, i know its a shameless plug but not many opportunities to find a buyer for it as i dont know anyone running these DRL's

Offline Golfster S

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2009, 10:15:10 pm »
Just don't see the point of these at all, Yuk!!!!!!
Reflex Silver GTI Edition 30

Offline vwrascal

• Thank You
  • -Given: 21
  • -Receive: 28
  • If it aint rubbin you aint dubbin
« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2009, 10:17:33 pm »
LOVE em, go for it   :happy2:

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 379
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2009, 11:51:09 pm »

In principle, LED DRL's give the perfect passive signal and in practice are a very sensible safety feature. I do find that more cars ahead of me in a lane will spot me and move over than when I didn't have them. Dipped headlights annoy more people because of their strength and sidelights are just ineffective.

Too many people in the UK are hung up about the style of LED DRL's rather than their functional advantages. And even more are set in their ways and prejudices about fogs. Just because a light is in the same position as a foglight doesn't make it a foglight - Duh!!

^ These are exactly the same Hella LED DRLs as mine. If I had a R32 I would definitely do this conversion to S6 DRL's.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2009, 09:22:23 am by RedRobin »

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline Manu_R32

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2009, 03:11:58 am »
VC, il have a play about with the DRL's once i get them and if i feel i can mess about with them abit i may be interested in the control module...wil PM you about it. And Red, thanks for that post, its abit annoying sometimes being held up behind a car as they havent noticed you....hopefully these will make a difference. Car is going in at 10am today and should get it back by the end of the day...will try and post up some pics once done!

:happy2:

OSIR Front and Rear Diffuser - JL Audio 400/4 Amplifier - JL Audio ZR650 - Recaro Bucket Seats - JL Audio Stealthbox - JL Audio 500/1 Amplifier - Kenwood DNX 7200 - OZ Ultraleggeras!

Offline no golf clubs at all

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 10
« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2009, 06:52:38 am »
Robin, in relation to your cool drl's, have you ever been stopped or questioned by a well meaning member of the local police force ?

They are often not the most informed on the latest of automotive technological trends. 

Offline john_o

• Thank You
  • -Given: 136
  • -Receive: 108
    • My Car Blog
« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2009, 08:25:21 am »
those are gorgeous Pazz , nice find  :happy2:, like you I have xenons though  :sad:
Has Hurdy seen them yet  :laugh:
Red ED35 5dr DSG
DEFI boost guage / RTech Stg1 Engine/DSG / PPMk7 front brakes
BLOG | BUILD

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 379
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2009, 09:20:05 am »

And Red, thanks for that post, its abit annoying sometimes being held up behind a car as they havent noticed you....hopefully these will make a difference.

....It doesn't guarantee that the car in front will move over for you but it does improve the target rate and especially on dual carriageways/motorways where your approach is faster and the LED DRL's have got their attention from a distance.

Robin, in relation to your cool drl's, have you ever been stopped or questioned by a well meaning member of the local police force ?

They are often not the most informed on the latest of automotive technological trends. 

....*cough* I am known to the local police service *cough* and so no problems there. No problems with police further afield either and I was recently given an acknowledging thankyou wave when I did my party trick of quickly flashing on/off between my DRL's and heads - My DRL's automatically switch on/off when I switch on/off to any other lights.

I keep documentation about them and their EC legality in the car as back-up if I am ever stopped. Also, their actual lenses are moulded with the word "DRL" and TUV(?) markings. I'm totally happy to argue my case in court if necessary - In fact, I'd enjoy it!

I've had more trouble from pedestrians when I've been at traffic lights! Most just politely let me know I've got my lights on and are trying to be helpful, but I've had one guy who was obviously prejudiced and insisted they were fogs in spite of being told they were DRLs - I ended up telling him to lie down in the road in front of me and with any luck he'd remember reading the letters D R L when he woke up in hospital.

I investigated fitting the S6 DRLs to my GTI but it wouldn't have looked sufficiently oem unless I used GT style horizontal vents instead of the false honeycombe.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline CocoPops

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 11
    • Kennet Heath
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2009, 10:02:21 am »
Quite like the look of the inpro s5 ones... Ideas on pricing?
Used to Own: 2008 GTI Ed30 | ITG Intake | Miltek TBE System | Bluefin Stage 2 | 327bhp
On Order: 2017 Golf GTI Performance Pack 5dr DSG
Also own: 2016 Lotus Evora 400

Offline spikeydoo

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: June 25, 2009, 06:33:14 pm »
x2, those in-pro lights look really good - TM tuning are out of stock any ideas where they might be for sale??

Offline danishmkvgti

• Thank You
  • -Given: 243
  • -Receive: 154
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,7823.0.html
« Reply #27 on: July 16, 2009, 12:05:41 pm »
I'mm considering the S6 Led on my GTI but hooked up to the Fog lights wiring, and ditch the foglights, Do i need a capasitor or resistance for it to work??
Meaning no fault codes in vag com.

Thx

Over the top mod list ;o)

Offline Manu_R32

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: July 16, 2009, 12:25:14 pm »
Had the mod done and apologies for not being able to post any pics! everytime i start the car i get a warning message saying Front Left and Right parking light not working or something like that and i also get like a little orange lighbulb appearing on the dashboard. Any one know how i can get rid of this? Honestly will post pics soon just waiting for a few more goodies for the car!  :smiley:

Offline Hurdy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 137
« Reply #29 on: July 16, 2009, 12:42:43 pm »
those are gorgeous Pazz , nice find  :happy2:, like you I have xenons though  :sad:
Has Hurdy seen them yet  :laugh:

I've seen them and like them :drool:

Not something I'd swap mine for though :wink:
Golf R gone.