All Things Mk5 > Mk5 General Area

The side skirt on my gti gone!

<< < (5/5)

Lean:
awww bummer! thanks anyway mate nice gesture.. will most likely order one soon enough anyway  :smiley:

bennylenny88:

--- Quote from: stealthwolf on June 27, 2009, 08:43:35 am ---side skirt....splitter....someone's out to build a GTI!

--- End quote ---
dude.. ive just said almost the exact same thing on the splitter thread haha  :signLOL:

Lean:
Just been down to my local inde vw/audi garage and both looked again at the side skirt.. turns out some scrote has tried to nick it.. hence all the knife marks down the edge of where the skirt was..  :mad: :mad:

fs... £29 +vat thats all they would have to pay but no they try nicking one and fortunately they broke it so they actually got feck all!

Anyway question now, it might cost me 2.5 hrs labour (£45 an hour) for them to fix it because they have to remove all the sticky edging before putting the new skirt on.. I can save myself most of that time if I prepare it myself.. does anyone know whats best to remove the spongy sticky edging and black sticky that the skirt attached to? They recommended using nail varnish?

help ideas much appreciated  :happy2:

mortygttdi:
If you get the side skirt ordered ill help you prep and fit it mate...i fitted my gti skirts to my GT some time ago and there still on strong.

If you need an hand just give me a shout mate.

Darren

Lean:
Thanks mate thats a really nice gesture - I'm gonna have a go with some acetone over the next few days and if I have success then the guy at the garage said he would fit it for free (luckily the guide rail is still on) will let you know how I get on!

 :happy2:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version