All Things Mk5 > Mk5 General Area

Filling Tyres with Nitrogen

(1/3) > >>

Andy:
has anybody filled thier tyres with pure nitrogen-have you noticed any difference

SteveP:
Yes, costco did it on mine when I had the last set of tyres changed and couldn't tell in real difference TBH  :confused:

Andy:
a mate of mine said he would do it for meat a £1 a valve

Hedge:
The plums at Costco did it on mine when they change my tyres and damaged 2 of my wheels. the day before the Superchips RR day.
Shame they only inflated them to 20 PSI and I did the rest with a foot pump. Completely destroying any benefit.

I will let Costco touch my car again when hell freezes over. It cost them £150 for repairs though as my mate repairs wheels. :wink:

RedRobin:
....

Nitrogen = Great in theory but a waste of time and effort in real-world road use.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version