All Things Mk5 > Mk5 General Area

RNS 510 aerial mod?

(1/1)

andytran:
Morning all,

Im due to get my RNS510 today, if the Post Office pull their finger out!

Im removing an RCD300.

Question is - is there anyway I can modify the aerial connections so that the RNS510 fits the car?

(I understand the aerials from the rcd300 dont plug in the the rns510 without needing to buy a conversion cable).

Apparently the mod cable from VW is over £20.....anyone know how I could save paying out for this and get my new system fitted today?

Just a thought....

Andy

182_blue:
just pull the plastic fakra connector bits off, under them is the metal connectors you need  :happy2:

it should look like below, you can see a gold push on clip inside, this needs pulling out, then the plastic cover can be removed from the metal

andytran:
Nice one, just what I was looking for thanks!

All I need now is for RM to pull their bloody fingers out and deliver the thing!

Andy

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version