Make a donation

Author Topic: INTERS 09 Your thoughts / comments.  (Read 19637 times)

Offline keith

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 32
Re: INTERS 09 Your thoughts / comments.
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2009, 10:55:37 pm »
Good to meet some new faces today and the old ones again :happy2:.Was bloomin hot today as well.
Highlights for me today were finding out that Newton Commercial have finished the MKII Golf carpets, getting to sit in all the MK6's & Roccos, buying more detailing products(great serv from autoperfection again) had some good chats with VW Racing  :happy2: to RR for introducing me to one of their guys :happy2:.really liked the sun visors that were on Hedge's Ed30 def going to get a set of them. Phil's carbon wrap has convinced me to get some done to. 
Its official I hate the M1 and crazy zigzagging bikers.

Offline T88OMM

• Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 17
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2009, 11:05:51 pm »
What a time I had!!  :jumpmove:

Camping over with Joe, Jay, Steph, Kim and Adam was hilarious, it got a bit silly after a few too many beers and a rave tent got mixed into the equation!  :signLOL:

Great to see all the usual faces and meet a few new ones  :happy2:

I lost my strip virginity today and I gotta say im hooked! I had the car revo'd whilst down there and the way it performed on the strip made my day. Im gonna sound like im blowing my own trumpet here but I need to share my excitement!

My first run I came up against an R32 Turbo from the JBS stable. I managed to leave him off the start and he never caught up, I won that one by about four car legnths! 

Times (Run 1)

0-60 - 4.92 secs
1/4 Mile - 13.497 secs

My second run was the worst of the day, car bogged BIG TIME on the line and the Seat something or other I was racing left me. I
managed to have him by the end of the 1/4 mile.

Times (Run 2)

0-60 - 5.82 secs
1/4 Mile - 14.435 secs

My last run saw me coming up an RS6 Avant that had been revo'd, exhaust, intake etc etc. I had already conceeded defeat on the line. I managed to get a good start using launch control as did he. For some reason or other I left him straight away gaining about two car legnths. It stayed like that until the last few seconds of the run where he started to gain a little, I still managed to pip him by a car legnth, I could not believe it!  :evilgrin:

Times (Run 3)

0-60 - 4.72
1/4 Mile - 13.284

« Last Edit: June 28, 2009, 11:19:24 pm by T88OMM »
TT-RS Plus - S-Tronic

Offline wigit

• Thank You
  • -Given: 129
  • -Receive: 42
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2009, 11:08:00 pm »
stonking times tom  :happy2:

Offline keith

• Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 32
« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2009, 11:13:47 pm »
I liked the car Tom I would keep the alloys as they are :happy2: Revo seems to be the future nothing better than a new map and some 1/4 mile sprints.

Offline TomB

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 10
« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2009, 11:54:50 pm »
Highlights for me today were finding out that Newton Commercial have finished the MKII Golf carpets

Oh god, my best mate spent over £400 on that stand today, full carpet set, door cards and leather bits for his MK1, and then a rear screen and seals at Crazy Quiffs!

Wow the weather was hot hot hot!  I checked the weather and they all said rain so I wore a jacket and jeans...big mistake as I'm still red from heat exhaustion!

It was a very good show, my only criticism is that the club stands were in a silly place behind the trade stands...once you got onto the airfield you kinda forgot about the club cars!

What bargains did you all get?  I got a complete "smokers pack" ashtray assembly with a mesh type surround and lid for £5 and a brand new Votex rear valance for £70.

And what was everyones car of the show?  I was torn between a very nice early white MK1 Golf and a blue MK1 Derby.  I've wanted a Derby for years, and that one fuelled my passion even more!
Tom
05 GTI - 18" Merc wheels, coilovers, colour coded Votex kit, all waiting to go on.

Offline gadget

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 2
« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2009, 12:30:48 am »
Had to be the White Mk1  :laugh:
Golf GTi Edition 30-Grey - 5 Door - DSG
APS Re-Map, Milltek Non-Res Exhaust, R32 Brakes, Eibach Springs, Eibach ARB's, Carbon Speed Air Intake, Forge DV.
And much more to come.

Offline stealthwolf

• Thank You
  • -Given: 306
  • -Receive: 291
  • ED30 No.1412
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2009, 07:23:40 am »
I know it's not a dub but I loved that gold trans-am. Gorgeous!

The GTI isn't just a machine. It's very much a living, breathing thing.

Offline gadget

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 2
« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2009, 08:19:25 am »
I just thought this was nice as it wasn't OTT

Golf GTi Edition 30-Grey - 5 Door - DSG
APS Re-Map, Milltek Non-Res Exhaust, R32 Brakes, Eibach Springs, Eibach ARB's, Carbon Speed Air Intake, Forge DV.
And much more to come.

Offline SteveTDCi

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: June 29, 2009, 09:03:44 am »
This was my fist VW show and if i'm honest I was dissapointed. I've only ever been to RS shows before, some regional but mainly national day so i guess thats what i'm juding it against. The trade stands were a little bit poor and it was scattered all over the place. The sprint action was very good but it got too hot to stand there. The Mk1 GOlf was quick as were the JBS R32's.

The quality of the show and shine cars was dissapointing too, some were nice but most were a little tatty certainly not what I expected. I missed the club stand, i guess you were stuck right out of the way, the most impressive thing of the day ..... the bucaneer being fired up on the taxi way :)

Offline Sunglasses Ron

• Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 15
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: June 29, 2009, 09:06:59 am »
good to see Vtec Abuser made it there and meet you Ben, assuming footwear may have been a hinderence  :happy2:

Nice to meet you too mate and seems like you're well happy with being another member to join the Revo stable..  :wink: Footwear didn't hinder me at all in the end as I did it bare foot..  :grin: But for some reason when I changed up to 2nd it upshifted twice to 3rd and ruined the run..  :sad: Still did a 5.7 and 13.8 (IIRC) without using 2nd gear, so shows John's car has got some serious shove, especially as he has the right software now  :laugh: :signLOL:.
On a serious note though I would just like to say a big thanks to John for letting me do his last run and was great to be back behind the wheel of a Ed30, just didn't want to give it back and had my bottom lip out all the way home..  :grin:
Show for me was one of the best i've been to and I didn't even have my car. Mixture of some nice motors, good strip action, cracking weather and really good to see everyone again  :happy2:
I have some vids that I will put up soon of a few of you guys. Oh and I have to take my hat off to Tom too, awesome times mate and was proper funny watching you dust that RS6..  :grin:

Offline joesgti

• Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 35
  • Eat my sick, Eat my sick.
« Reply #25 on: June 29, 2009, 09:18:43 am »
great to see you again mate!  :happy2:

did anybody film the porsche up the strip? i wanted to hear it  :laugh:

If you need any games consoles or games, accessories, etc etc, PM me for my best price,

Offline Sunglasses Ron

• Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 15
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: June 29, 2009, 09:24:07 am »
On it's way fella.. Just uploading some vids now..  :wink:

Phil Mcavity

« Reply #27 on: June 29, 2009, 09:30:35 am »
This was my fist VW show and if i'm honest I was dissapointed. I've only ever been to RS shows before, some regional but mainly national day so i guess thats what i'm juding it against. The trade stands were a little bit poor and it was scattered all over the place. The sprint action was very good but it got too hot to stand there. The Mk1 GOlf was quick as were the JBS R32's.

The quality of the show and shine cars was dissapointing too, some were nice but most were a little tatty certainly not what I expected. I missed the club stand, i guess you were stuck right out of the way, the most impressive thing of the day ..... the bucaneer being fired up on the taxi way :)
Our stand was directly behind the food area.

Offline WhiteGTI

• Thank You
  • -Given: 29
  • -Receive: 22
  • F-A-S-T
« Reply #28 on: June 29, 2009, 09:37:23 am »
Who'se car is this, and what wheels are they? (The one with the black wheels)

Are they OZ Ultraleggera?

« Last Edit: June 29, 2009, 09:43:37 am by WhiteGTI »
2008 Golf GTI - Revo Stage 2 NOW SOLD

2006 E46 BMW M3 - 343hp
2000 Lotus Elise Sport160 - 160hp

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 171
  • -Receive: 335
  • Almost Jacamo
« Reply #29 on: June 29, 2009, 09:49:16 am »
Yes they are and its Cohiba's car, also hiding behind the rims he had a brand new set of Tarox 1000 pot big Fook off stoppers. which looked amazing. I am not jealous in the slightest, and just so everyone knows i got first dibs if he ever sells them.  :laugh: