All Things Mk5 > Mk5 General Area

JKM Performance are now an official APR dealer

<< < (5/9) > >>

joesgti:
JKM......which map do you suggest as being the best/most powerful, as you sell 3 of the main maps which out of the 3 would you use on your car?  :smiley:

BeezerDiesel:

--- Quote from: joesgti on June 30, 2009, 02:59:31 pm ---you think msportman is an awesome/apr fanboy or works for them?

--- End quote ---

I think I know who Msportman is (uses a different tag on other forums, done this myself before when I've lost log in details).
Like myself he's been around modified VWs for a very long time. I'm not a mate of his or anything either, spoke to him once a very long time ago when we both had VR6s and I wanted to know a bit about VSR manifolds.
Anyhow, he spent a huuuge sum of money on his mk4 GTI using APR kit and it was a very nice machine and very quick, and as far as I know he has no connections with APR/Awesome other than spending enough there to keep Jim in nice holidays for a while. But he does have a raft of experience in modded VWs and some of the big names in tuning.

I too have a big respect for APR although I've never been a customer or have any other connections to them, and I also have great respect for REVO and many other tuners too for that matter. I think JKMs thinking behind this is that by offering APR hardware they can also offer their software that has been designed to go specifically hand in hand with it. In all JKM offer a fantastic choice of stuff all under one roof which is great in my opinion and you know they are going to be less swayed by either one tuning house or another so can give potential customers some pretty good independant advice.

BeezerDiesel:

--- Quote from: joesgti on June 30, 2009, 04:07:17 pm ---JKM......which map do you suggest as being the best/most powerful, as you sell 3 of the main maps which out of the 3 would you use on your car?  :smiley:

--- End quote ---

Interesting question, but I bet you'll get a politicians answer from them!!!
I would guess they would say it would depend on what you want from the map and what further mods you have planned.
For an example I had REVO on my Polo GTI 1.8T and it was fantastic but really really struggled for traction, so when I got my mk5 I went for ANother map as it was tamer and smoother, but now I'm bored stiff of that and want something more aggressive!

Poppa Dom:

--- Quote from: BeezerDiesel on June 30, 2009, 04:13:08 pm ---
--- Quote from: joesgti on June 30, 2009, 02:59:31 pm ---you think msportman is an awesome/apr fanboy or works for them?

--- End quote ---
I think JKMs thinking behind this is that by offering APR hardware they can also offer their software that has been designed to go specifically hand in hand with it. In all JKM offer a fantastic choice of stuff all under one roof which is great in my opinion and you know they are going to be less swayed by either one tuning house or another so can give potential customers some pretty good independant advice.

--- End quote ---
Well summarised - you have hit the nail on the head  :happy2:

WhiteGTI:

--- Quote from: DomT on June 30, 2009, 09:13:24 am ---
--- Quote from: bacillus on June 30, 2009, 09:07:22 am ---
--- Quote from: WhiteGTI on June 30, 2009, 07:50:28 am ---Nope, dont think so.

--- End quote ---

Can't see any reference to Revo on their site now.  :confused:

--- End quote ---

As far as I am aware they're still Revo dealers - all the Revo stuff is still on the website http://www.jkm.org.uk/performance/shop.htm they have just changed the banner.

--- End quote ---

Perhaps I was misunderstood. I was replying 'nope' to the poster who asked "Have JKM dropped Revo?" i.e. to say that JKM have not dropped Revo!

As was mentioned above, the formation of APR was very interesting  :smiley: :smiley:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version