All Things Mk5 > Mk5 General Area
JKM Performance are now an official APR dealer
Phil Mcavity:
--- Quote from: DomT on July 01, 2009, 08:23:26 pm ---Done - do one, copy and paste :happy2: Ain't technology grand!
--- End quote ---
hehehe, if only it was like that in our day.
jonnyc:
--- Quote from: Msportman on July 01, 2009, 10:08:11 pm ---
--- Quote from: tony_danza on June 30, 2009, 02:43:56 pm ---This old APR vs blah blah blah propaganda argument has been circling since day dot... this thread smacks of the old gag of X-tuner's staff logging in on blag accounts and causing trouble, such is the level of defense of something as daft as this.
You pays your money, you pick what you prefer.
--- End quote ---
Exactly Tony....I didn't pick who's best argument they are both very very similar in their delivery....nothing wrong with Revo or APR...I went for APR for cruise control and ease of switching.
No I don't work for Awesome but have been around the world of VW Motorsport for many years.. had a few dices in the VW Rainx Championship (Now VW Cup).
Tracking a car is far more interesting in my view. Sprinting 1/4 is not my bag...lapping Spar/Donnington or the Ring is my forte and building my car to suit is only just beginning.
--- End quote ---
Is that near Spa? :wink:
tony_danza:
--- Quote from: Msportman on July 01, 2009, 10:08:11 pm ---
--- Quote from: tony_danza on June 30, 2009, 02:43:56 pm ---This old APR vs blah blah blah propaganda argument has been circling since day dot... this thread smacks of the old gag of X-tuner's staff logging in on blag accounts and causing trouble, such is the level of defense of something as daft as this.
You pays your money, you pick what you prefer.
--- End quote ---
Exactly Tony....I didn't pick who's best argument they are both very very similar in their delivery....nothing wrong with Revo or APR...I went for APR for cruise control and ease of switching.
No I don't work for Awesome but have been around the world of VW Motorsport for many years.. had a few dices in the VW Rainx Championship (Now VW Cup).
Tracking a car is far more interesting in my view. Sprinting 1/4 is not my bag...lapping Spar/Donnington or the Ring is my forte and building my car to suit is only just beginning.
--- End quote ---
Nah, I didn't think you did - I had a fair idea who you were anyway, there wasn't that many stage 3 APR cars about.
I'm good friends with Tabs, Wilko and the like, so I've seen all the fun over the years in terms of forum debates!... they made for very amusing reading and this brought back a bit of nostalgia.
Oh, I'm with you on the track days too - I've done 3 and 2 'ring trips since I bought it last August, so my car is probably along the lines of how you'll be setting yours up too I guess (albiet with more power than mine being an ED30 and all).. go not show.
my car link
revo carl:
--- Quote from: Msportman on June 30, 2009, 10:30:21 am ---
--- Quote from: joesgti on June 30, 2009, 09:16:44 am ---Personally id have revo map over APR all day long.
--- End quote ---
Why?
You obviously don't know the story on the formation of Revo when the software writers for Revo were in fact working with APR when they jumped ship on the birth of Revo.
A major lawsuit ensued by APR which I won't go into detail however their software is very similar the main differences are that APR can use cruise to facilitate programme changes.
--- End quote ---
Alas you seem to think you know more than you actually do.....
REVO developed aftermarket flashing on VAG vehicles... we also hold the patent for switching,
so it's our technologies, before us the only option on VAG cars was chip tuning with no switching, and if you really look everything we were accused of doing was dismissed as we did nothing wrong! REVO is and always was a business, we are proud of our tuning and we will always defend it and protect it.
Please get your facts right before posting on a public forum!
jabbalad:
--- Quote from: jonnyc on July 02, 2009, 12:29:54 am ---
--- Quote from: Msportman on July 01, 2009, 10:08:11 pm ---
--- Quote from: tony_danza on June 30, 2009, 02:43:56 pm ---This old APR vs blah blah blah propaganda argument has been circling since day dot... this thread smacks of the old gag of X-tuner's staff logging in on blag accounts and causing trouble, such is the level of defense of something as daft as this.
You pays your money, you pick what you prefer.
--- End quote ---
Exactly Tony....I didn't pick who's best argument they are both very very similar in their delivery....nothing wrong with Revo or APR...I went for APR for cruise control and ease of switching.
No I don't work for Awesome but have been around the world of VW Motorsport for many years.. had a few dices in the VW Rainx Championship (Now VW Cup).
Tracking a car is far more interesting in my view. Sprinting 1/4 is not my bag...lapping Spar/Donnington or the Ring is my forte and building my car to suit is only just beginning.
--- End quote ---
Is that near Spa? :wink:
--- End quote ---
I find the trolleys with the 2 fixed wheels handle better round that place... the ones with 4 castors are a bit vague on turn in if you ask me :grin:
Navigation
[0] Message Index
[#] Next page
[*] Previous page
Go to full version