All Things Mk5 > Mk5 General Area
changing side skirts advise please
B3n:
Yeah £400 sounds about right for a set of primed ones R32 ed30 etc. But the GTi textured plastic ones were £35 ish begining of the year.
The part numbers for the skirts are (hopefully they aint changed from when i got a quote)
2dr left: 1K3 853 859b - 2dr right: 1K3 853 860b 9B9 (satin black)
2dr left: 1K3 853 859a - 2dr right: 1K3 853 860a GRU(primed)
Youll also need the fitting kit which includes
4 x Adapters: 1K0 853 493
Retaining strip left: 1K0 853 543
Retaining strip right: 1K0 853 544
8 X hex socket head panel bolt: bn 103 546 02
18 X hex collared bolt: WHT 000 187
Just noticed you already have skirts fitted so you may not need the fitting kit
no golf clubs at all:
Thanks Ben!
£400! phew! vs £35 for stock gti ones, plus priming and painting...
Cooper:
I think the GTI textured plastic ones were so cheap due to a mistake on the VW parts system, think it's been fixed and they are a bit more than that now?
I think the R32/Ed30 ones in primer are £216 each with all fixings, I got priced up for some a while ago but then managed to get a pair with all the bits required for £270 off ebay, not exactly cheap but cheaper!
no golf clubs at all:
Hmm but any good body shop will be able to smooth the textured ones out wont they?
Is the style that different between them? I will have to pay MUCH more attention to these from here on in.
I just kind of had a moment and looking back at my car they just suddenly looked out of place somehow..
But at £400 plus paint etc there are better less cosmetic mods I could do to make it more fun, suspension, brakes, revo etc...
Navigation
[0] Message Index
[*] Previous page
Go to full version