All Things Mk5 > Mk5 General Area
Engine movement when getting off the pedal
Peskarik:
Manual Ed30 with Stage 2 (330hp)
Was driving highway, steady 75-85mph, 6th gear, 3000rpm, which means the gas pedal is depressed maybe half an inch.
When I release the gas pedal I have a noticeable jolt from the engine bay, I assume the engine is moving on its OEM mounts (though I have ECS torque arm insert). When I then depress the pedal again gently half an inch, I feel the engine move again.
Is that normal or do I have problems with my engine mounts?
I've been told that installing say full VF engine mount kit will put greater strain on transmission. Plus the increased noise and vibration in the cabin.
While the advantages of full VF/VWR kit are tauter ride, better control, cleaner gearshifts.
Quite unsure what is better, to have the kit or not to have it. I do not do any track days. Just an average driver who is not a racer on straights and in turns.
Or should only the rear engine mount (with poly bush) suffice (as someone recommended):
http://www.vf-accessories.com/acc_vw_mk5mounts2.php
Don't like that jolting, don't know if it is bad for the car.
tony_danza:
Just get the lower dogbone mount - no noise/vibration/movement :happy2:
Hurdy:
--- Quote from: tony_danza on July 02, 2009, 11:10:02 am ---Just get the lower dogbone mount - no noise/vibration/movement :happy2:
--- End quote ---
He already has the ECS mount :wink:
bacillus:
I suspect that if you're getting a jolt as described in spite of your ECS insert then your engine or transmission mounts may be perishing/leaking.
tony_danza:
--- Quote from: Hurdy on July 02, 2009, 11:13:20 am ---
--- Quote from: tony_danza on July 02, 2009, 11:10:02 am ---Just get the lower dogbone mount - no noise/vibration/movement :happy2:
--- End quote ---
He already has the ECS mount :wink:
--- End quote ---
LOL - I meant a 'proper' mount, like the VF one.... not a glorified dildo :wink:
Navigation
[0] Message Index
[#] Next page
Go to full version