All Things Mk5 > Mk5 General Area

Revo Trial Installed today!...

(1/4) > >>

J5BWS:
So I woke up this morning and the need for speed took over yet again, so I rang the Golf GTI Centre in Darlington and spoke to Alan Fishburn about a trial map.  Next thing I know I was over there and having my ECU flashed with the software.

Alan seems like a very knowledgeable chap and really eager to help.

Initial impressions are good, mad wheelspin in 3rd without really trying and I definitely have had to adjust my driving to suit the extra output.

Apparently it is just a soft remap though, the full version winds up a lot more boost and adjusts everything bespoke to my car, just wondering how some of you Revo guys have found the difference between the trial and paid for software?...

Hurdy:
I missed out on a trial. I went straight for the Stage 2+ with the free SPS+ module as it was an offer I couldn't refuse 8)

Hmmm, you would think that they would go all out with an aggressive trial to help pul more people in. :confused:

SteveP:

--- Quote from: Hurdy on July 03, 2009, 07:14:03 pm ---I missed out on a trial. I went straight for the Stage 2+ with the free SPS+ module as it was an offer I couldn't refuse 8)

Hmmm, you would think that they would go all out with an aggressive trial to help pul more people in. :confused:

--- End quote ---

That would make most sense  :confused:

J5BWS:

--- Quote from: Hurdy on July 03, 2009, 07:14:03 pm ---I missed out on a trial. I went straight for the Stage 2+ with the free SPS+ module as it was an offer I couldn't refuse 8)

Hmmm, you would think that they would go all out with an aggressive trial to help pul more people in. :confused:

--- End quote ---

That's what I thought, I mean it is a fair improvement although I haven't driven it much yet.  Apparently its set at level 3 and if it was a paid version and I run Super Unleaded all the time (like I do) it would be set up at level 7, so I'm assuming the timing and boost etc is set up as a result of using higher octane fuel...

WhiteGTI:
Strange that they haven't set it higher - firstly in order to fully sell the product, and secondly because you do use the good fuel! Never heard of a Revo trial being 'toned' down.

Still, at least it gives you some idea of what it would be like, and I'm sure your impressed! Do it do it  :evilgrin: :evilgrin: :evilgrin:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version