All Things Mk5 > Mk5 General Area
Boost Hoses
BeezerDiesel:
Right, who can recommend the best value or just plain best intercooler hoses?
Half considering swapping cars at the moment as I have itchy feet but it might be just that I've just spent the last couple of months messing about with stuff on the house and now need some car therapy to get over the DIY trauma (even though most of it wasn't DIY).
So assuming I don't change cars I'm going to go for a more aggressive remap than I have presently (REVO most likely). I was told at my last service in April that one of my intercooler hoses had a very slight boost leak. Obviously I don't want to be putting the suspect hose under any more pressure with added boost going through and leaking out with a harder re-map so I guess a new set of silicone hoses will be required. No point in getting a standard VW replacement really as I normally go with the 'uprate when worn out' school of thinking.
I read Lee's (chungster) review of the SFS ones back along and was impressed enough assuming the fitment issues have been sorted now but does anyone else have any recommendations and deals out there?
Ta :smiley:
RedRobin:
....
No idea about 'deals' but SAMCO silicone hoses are considered the best quality. Forge and one or two others now imitate them.
SAMCO have a double layer : -
You possibly want more than just the hoses but it's not a mod you can feel the benefit of very strongly. More a long term preventative measure : -
BeezerDiesel:
Cheers Robin, Samco are normally the first name when it comes to hoses. Nice picces too (as ever!).
Having seen 1.8T's on rolling road days with the bonnet open under full boost I've seen a few hoses 'pancake' in my time! Double skinned is deffo good, but I guess expensive too?
chungster:
Robin,
what's that TB pipe you have their next to the original? Is it the Neuspeed one?
For info....my IC to TB pipe is coming off in a few weeks. The original design is just too fat with no compression, and the rad fan has taken a good 1-2mm cut into the pipe.
Not wanting for it to cut clean thru and causing a major boost leak, i'm having the OEM pipe put back on.
Now SFS did tell me the design was changed to give it more room. But I've not seen it or had it fitted to my car so can't say much on it.
The Turbo to IC pipe will stay on tho.
RedRobin:
....
Yes, I think that SAMCO are probably more expensive than their rivals. Merlin Motorsport give an excellent fast service and are quite competitive.
Linky : - Merlin Motorsport SAMCO Hose Kit page....
Navigation
[0] Message Index
[#] Next page
Go to full version