All Things Mk5 > Mk5 General Area

Quick trip to the Pod

(1/9) > >>

SteveP:
Wanted to have some more 1/4 mile runs after the recent changes so went over to the Pod this morning with Hurdy and was joined by DomT later on.

Just to get things out of the way here are my valid reasons / poor excuses  :grin:

1 - It was very warm

2 - There was a head wind

3 - The start line was slippery

4 - I am nursing a slight boost leak (New version 'D' DV picked up this morning from the stealers)

5 - I am a rubbish driver  :laugh: :laugh:

Here's my best run :-

60ft = 2.3911
330ft = 6.0912
1/8 ET = 9.0679
1/8 MPH = 83.34
1000' ET = 11.5504
1/4 ET = 13.7620
1/4 MPH = 104.79

This was against Hurdy and hopefully DomT will be along shortly with the video footage  :happy2:

This was about 0.15 seconds quicker than my previous best on the SC Remap.

Andy:

--- Quote from: SteveP on July 04, 2009, 08:36:57 pm ---Wanted to have some more 1/4 mile runs after the recent changes so went over to the Pod this morning with Hurdy and was joined by DomT later on.

Just to get things out of the way here are my valid reasons / poor excuses  :grin:

1 - It was very warm

2 - There was a head wind

3 - The start line was slippery

4 - I am nursing a slight boost leak (New version 'D' DV picked up this morning from the stealers)

5 - I am a rubbish driver  :laugh: :laugh:

Here's my best run :-

60ft = 2.3911
330ft = 6.0912
1/8 ET = 9.0679
1/8 MPH = 83.34
1000' ET = 11.5504
1/4 ET = 13.7620
1/4 MPH = 104.79

This was against Hurdy and hopefully DomT will be along shortly with the video footage  :happy2:

This was about 0.15 seconds quicker than my previous best on the SC Remap.



--- End quote ---
what your really saying is you wanted to put your foot down :signLOL:

Hurdy:
Ohhhhhhh, it was (and still is) a very long day, but worth it for the runs on the Pod and to see what she does now.

My previous best was a 13.602 in February when the weather was very good (freezing!) for us turbo car runners.

I'll agree with 3 out of the 5 for me out of Steve's list :laugh:

Since last time I've had the DSG map done along with the EVOM's inatake and the change to REVO from Custom Code.

I'm at work at the moment, so I'll get the slip up tomorrow, but my best on the day was a 13.45 with a 107.?  terminal speed and a 60' of 2.39. Not bad, but there is still more in there with a better launch, cooler weather and no head wind :smiley:

Looks like I need some track rubber to help me off the line :evilgrin:

Sunglasses Ron:
Looks like you had a good day chaps and some nice consistant times between the 3 of you.. 60ft times aren't really that bad as 2.3's were the norm for mine most of the time apart from the one 2.2 I managed on my 13.1 run.
You can tell the conditions weren't great from your terminal speeds, as with all three of them being Stage 2+ cars I would expect them all to be running 110+ terminals on a good day.. Was chuffing hot yesterday though as my shoulders will tell you...  :scared:

Hurdy:
Here's mine :smiley:



I think we ought to have a 1/4 mile thread list on the forum somewhere :happy2:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version