All Things Mk5 > Mk5 General Area

Time for a new DV

<< < (3/4) > >>

john_o:
nice one Steve  :happy2:
Definitely would be interested to see how the logs look for boost 'profile' , assuming your old one was ok.
VW dont validate this DV for the TFSI  (as winrya states) , so Im interested to know if we are missing something or VW do it for a reason???? (maybe until old stocks are exhausted?)

SKAVIA:
Juust fitted my revision D DV and went for a spin in the car.
It seems a lot more "whooshy" and doesn't seem to pull as strong as before?
It's still quick as i can see the traction light coming on - it just doesn't feel like it pulls as nicely :confused:
There is no progressive boost - just seems to be all or nothing boost?
Any thoughts guys???
I know it's fitted correctly as it's only 3 bolts and a connector I can't have got that wrong!!

bacillus:

--- Quote from: SKAVIA on July 25, 2009, 06:37:21 pm ---Juust fitted my revision D DV and went for a spin in the car.
It seems a lot more "whooshy" and doesn't seem to pull as strong as before?
It's still quick as i can see the traction light coming on - it just doesn't feel like it pulls as nicely :confused:
There is no progressive boost - just seems to be all or nothing boost?
Any thoughts guys???
I know it's fitted correctly as it's only 3 bolts and a connector I can't have got that wrong!!

--- End quote ---

Was your original DV bad? If it wasn't then you may have a boost leak...

SKAVIA:
No the original DV was fine - looked in good condition when I took it out (no rips or tears) - the only reason I changed it was because I heard they can be a weak point after increasing boost (I have a Revo stage 1 map) and that this Rev. D was much better.
This new DV sounds like a dump valve - every time I let of the gas it goes 'whooosh'!
The boost also seems very 'flat' - the car stops pulling from about 5k revs  :confused:

bacillus:
If you have a standard gti, I suggest you revisit your installation to make sure it's correctly installed.
I recall another member having problems after having a dv fitted at a well known establisnment. He eventually removed and reinstalled the dv and found that it was incorrectly fitted.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version