All Things Mk5 > Mk5 General Area
Uneven Tyre Wear on Lowered Cars?
SKAVIA:
For all you lowered lot out there....
I've just had 4 new tyres put on my Ed30 - it's been lowered 25mm all around using just springs (I had the laser tracking done as soon as it was lowered.)
The old front tyres are obviously worn more than the back, however they seem to be equally worn across the width (which is ok).
The backs have worn mostly on the inside - I'm thinking this may be because of the way the car sits - see pic.
Just wondered if anyone else has noticed this and if its 'normal' for lowered cars to sit with the wheels like this (more in from the top)?
dan.payne:
Ive noticed my tyre wear on the back is lower on the inside even before I had it lowered last month.
SKAVIA:
Cheers Dan - yours looks like it sits the same as mine - have you got spacers fitted?
joesgti:
my tyres are very unevenly worn! aloy more on the inside both front and back. :smiley:
SKAVIA:
--- Quote from: joesgti on July 07, 2009, 03:40:25 pm ---my tyres are very unevenly worn! aloy more on the inside both front and back. :smiley:
--- End quote ---
:happy2: Thanks Joe! Looks like that's a sacrifice made by most lowered cars then....
Shame really, as I want my new Michelin Pilot PS2 to last forever! They are awesome!
Navigation
[0] Message Index
[#] Next page
Go to full version