All Things Mk5 > Mk5 General Area

The search for lightweight alloys

<< < (12/14) > >>

tony_danza:
I've had a 17" on mine, and they're fine, you can get one over an R32 disc & caliper too - so I think it's "generally" fine, so long as you're not into 6-pots & 360mm disc territory.

Hurdy, what are you planning to do with your 18"s??

NB07:
i'll have em john!  :party:

actually thats a good price for the 17s from billy boy i might be in for the group buy aswell  :signLOL:

tony_danza:
^^ Hey!! That was my plan  :wink:

17" or 18" makes no odds to me really if there's a decent second hand set up for grabs, anyone?

Hurdy:

--- Quote from: tony_danza on July 15, 2009, 01:49:51 pm ---I've had a 17" on mine, and they're fine, you can get one over an R32 disc & caliper too - so I think it's "generally" fine, so long as you're not into 6-pots & 360mm disc territory.

Hurdy, what are you planning to do with your 18"s??

--- End quote ---

The 18"s will stay on the car for a while as road wheels (as the 19" Black CH's have been sold to Golfster S) now as I prefer them to larger wheels. Nice and light for every day use and then stick the 17" TDPR's & R888's on for the Pod, any track meets and fair weather weekends 8)

So sorry guys, no cheap 2nd hand alloys..................yet :wink:

There's tons of room over the discs and calipers and I've already decided on Gloss black.

Just got back from the shop and already bought mine :ashamed: :evilgrin:

£1,100 for the wheels, tyres, balancing, fitment, tuner bolts and locking bolts.

I personally didn't mind paying a little extra for the tyres, as it is a 1 stop shop for me :happy2:

I'm still happy to sort a group buy session for alloys/ alloys & tyres if you want though :happy2:

He didn't have the alloys in stock and neither do Rimstock, but they will still only take around 3 weeks to make & deliver :jumping:

The satin black 8 x 17's are in stock, but I stuck to my guns for the sake of the smaller weight :party:

I can't see these tyres lasting too long if I use them on the road though :evilgrin:

tony_danza:
LOL - they'll be like peeling an orange on the road!

Are the satin black 17x8 and ET45??

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version