All Things Mk5 > Mk5 General Area
Correct size Tyres?
Ifti:
225/40R18 92Y FALKEN FK452
Is that deffo the correct size etc for my 18" Pescara's?
Been checking prices etc since one of my front tyres are just under 2mm, and Im doing a 600mile trip in a few weeks. I dont want to replace just one tyre, so Im doing both the fronts
The price for these tyres has dropped at Event Tyres - cheaper then camskill!
£75 each
Includes VAT, Valves, Balancing, Disposal & Mobile Fitting
Read plenty of good reviews about these tyres, and since Im on a bit of a budget at the moment they seem the way to go........
Mark_GTIV:
yup they are the correct dimensions. are they extra load too ? they need to be.
Ifti:
Are you sure they need to be extra load??
I thought extra load was for bigger cars and 4x4's etc??
The extra load tyre is actually cheaper then the FK452!
I have the choice of the following two (the top one is extra load).....
225/40R18 92W FALKEN ZE912 XL
225/40R18 92Y FALKEN FK452
Which ones do I go for then?
Mark_GTIV:
In my opinion you want the highest performing version that is extra load.
And indeed they should be extra load (thats what are spec'd from the factory) .. the GTI isn't a fly weight :happy2:
According to Falken the Ziex ZE912 are "Typically suited to performance hatch backs, small to mid sized executive/family saloons and MPV's. Target vehicles include anything from 120 to 250bhp." where as the FK-452 are their "Flagship high performance tyre".
Basically it's your choice.. your car. Hav a chat with Falken : Falken UK Technical Centre on: 01962 794801
Ifti:
If the FK452 are their flagship high performance tyre - I'll stick with them, rather then going for the cheaper ones :wink:
Navigation
[0] Message Index
[#] Next page
Go to full version