All Things Mk5 > Mk5 General Area

My 3 x New Mods For The Week

(1/2) > >>

garethmk1:
Dear All,

Just thought I'd show you some of the new minor mods I've undertaken on the ED30.  Sorry haven't been around lately - been so busy in work and finishing my Mk1.  So the ED30 has been neglected lately, it's currently in desparate need of a wash and a general detail.  Thats happening today, but I decided I'd fit all the associated bits and bobs I have had piling up.  

First item fitted, the poly dogbone insert that I had in January (!!!) from JKM.  Easy to fit, but not really feeling any differend, but I know it's in there for the time I go full turbo back Miltek !

Secondly, I bought a pair of Gulf's "GTI" seat inlays.  WHAT A QUALITY PRODUCT. Gulf take my hat off to you they are great and look totally at home and OEM in the seats - fantastic.  (Sorry for poor pics - mobile phone)



Lastly, I love yellow foglights.  I didn't want to tint the lenses as I like the standard unmodified look of the car.  I searched everywhere for yellow 2500k HB4/9006 fog lamps in the UK, in France during my hols (thinking ALL French cars had yellow lights) and the internet to no avail - before stumbling accross these :-

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Nokya-Hyper-Yellow-Stage-1-Halogen-Light-Bulbs-9006_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trkparmsZQ7c293Q3a1Q7c294Q3a30QQ_trksidZp4634Q2ec0Q2em14Q2el1262QQhashZitem5881c2b1bcQQitemZ380134142396QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

They arrived a week later - and man - they are GREAT ! Real yellow light with the fogs on and OEM looking when they are off !

Have a look - just wanted to spread the word - have seen a lot of people tinting the lamps - for those who want the look but don't want to do that their just what you want.





Just thought I'd share it with you !

Regards,

Gareth

john_o:
nice  :happy2:
hows the clutch?

scarpicus:
Looks good mate. :happy2:
Like your number plate too... :drinking:

garethmk1:

--- Quote from: john_o on July 09, 2009, 12:55:44 pm ---nice  :happy2:
hows the clutch?

--- End quote ---

Strangely .... since doing 2000 miles in France - it has gone ????? WEIRD - I don't understand how a slipping clutch can, well, stop slipping ?? Doesn't make sense  :surprised:

Caz:
looking good!  :smiley:

agreed on gulf things, they are ace!  :happy2:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version