All Things Mk5 > Mk5 General Area

advise on lowering car a bit more

(1/1)

Andy:
i got my car lowered bout 3 weeks ago,i want to lower the back end a bit more-when i used the spanner that came with the coil overs the whole spring was trying to move...What am i doing wrong

TomB:
What brand of coilovers have you got?

Andy:
kw varient 1

Top Cat:
Did you undo the little grub screw on the collar, also i was told on my variant 2's that the rears need to come off the car, as you cant get the spanner on, and turn as well, their is just enough room for the fronts.  :smiley:

TomB:
Well if the bottom spring cups are wound all the way down, you're at the limit.  You could remove the cups but your springs could fall out on a country road so I wouldn't recommend it.

I had KW v1s on my Ibiza without the rear cups in for a short while and the rear springs fell out when I put it on a ramp.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version