All Things Mk5 > Mk5 General Area
8x18, but what section tyres?
Peskarik:
On an 8x18 alloy (OZ Racing Alleggerita), can I put 235 section tyres?
What aspect ratio do I need then for the tyre to be within limits (circumference change)?
What effect would 235 tyre have compared to 225 I have now in terms of poking, rubbing (I have about 25mm drop and 10mm spacers on the back)?
SteveP:
What offset/ET are these wheels???
Top Cat:
--- Quote from: SteveP on July 11, 2009, 08:13:20 pm ---What offset/ET are these wheels???
--- End quote ---
Thats a good question PG i am after some of these in the HLT version and have been searching all day without success. I think they will be 45 ET but who knows.
Their is only a couple of places that do these wheels and they dont list the offset. :sad1:
Hurdy:
The Alleggerita's can be had with a 48 offset from what I have been looking at, which is just right for the Golf :happy2:
The 235 section tyres will be 10mm larger in diameter which puts the tyre 5mm nearer to the arch vertically and 5mm horizontally. Effectively reducing the offset to 43 from 48 with the Alleggerita's whilst reducing clearance vertically. The vertical clearance isn't too bad if you haven't dropped the car on coilovers too much though :smiley:
x5pea:
plenty pics hear
http://www.tyrestretch.com/
Navigation
[0] Message Index
[#] Next page
Go to full version